Author Topic: the new southern klan  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
blue lives matter

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: the new southern klan
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 02:23:04 AM »
 Read the article, knew they took it down, didn't know what they did with it. Another feel good, do nothing by the liberals. Somebody was offended, and instead of learning from what happened, and why, they want to pretend it didn't happen. Makes it more likely, it will happen again.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 04:29:12 AM »
The pinhead woke/antifa/blm/radical feminist
types aren't any different than the kluxer types

Social media and the internet in general is
responsible for most modern social ills.
People of my mother's and father's generation
were too busy working hard to exist for any
of today's stupidity
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 07:08:31 AM »
 First off, if these clowns knew anything about Robert E.Lee, they wouldn't be doing this!

Second, this Jalane Schmidt who apparently is heading the drive, claims to be a professor in "religious studies".  If so, she should understand that
  she along with the UN, has taken their well-used Bible verse completely out of context.

Yes, they will beat their "swords into plowshares"...during the  millennial kingdom.  (Isaiah 2:4)

..But before that , they will be beating "their plowshares into swords"  and their pruning hooks into spears. .. in anticipation for the ruckus at Armageddon. (Joel 3:10)

Below, see Prof Jalane Schmidt....along with a few more dimwits..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 08:47:22 AM »
Yes, they will beat their "swords into plowshares"...during the  millennial kingdom.  (Isaiah 2:4)

Well, by that thinking, they should be taking down every statute of Lincoln.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 10:27:59 AM »

Well, by that thinking, they should be taking down every statute of Lincoln.

Why Lincoln, specifically?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 10:37:12 AM »
He's the one that waged war against the Confederacy.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »
He's the one that waged war against the Confederacy.

The Union and Confederacy waged war against each other..in fact it waqs the Confederacy who fired the first shots..  ..But I am not looking to place
   blame on either...

Thse brain-dead "woke" folks are so stupid !  They seem to think anybody in the public sphere must be sin free..

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
       (John 8:7)"

So, I guess they think themselves free from sin... which only PROVES their.... COMPLETE STUPIDITY !

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 11:35:47 AM »
The Confederacy sought to lawfully leave the Union.  The Union wouldn't allow it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 12:12:02 AM »
all i know is its a slap in the face to ALL veterans
blue lives matter

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 01:03:29 AM »

Especially the black ones :)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 03:23:12 AM »

Yeah... Here we go again..race...race...race..  Everything goes back to race with these narrow, single focus minds..

..But they are not truly single focus, most often they just focus upon anything that will bring about stress, division and conflict among people.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 03:34:53 AM »
The Confederacy sought to lawfully leave the Union.  The Union wouldn't allow it.

That, you likely should take over to the Civil War discussion.  ..But it seems that particular point has been belabored quite heavily already.

..And again, plenty of blame to go around;

" So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a
    stone at her." (John 8:7)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 03:45:45 AM »

That, you likely should take over to the Civil War discussion.  ..But it seems that particular point has been belabored quite heavily already.

..And again, plenty of blame to go around;

" So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a
    stone at her." (John 8:7)

So now, another belabored issue. Should it be taken to the civil war discussion, or the religious forums. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 04:35:07 AM »

Yeah... Here we go again..race...race...race..  Everything goes back to race with these narrow, single focus minds..

..But they are not truly single focus, most often they just focus upon anything that will bring about stress, division and conflict among people.

The truly narrow, single focus minds will never address the true root of the issue, slavery.

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 04:53:19 AM »

The truly narrow, single focus minds will never address the true root of the issue, slavery.

Well, you, and ironglow both believe the civil war was about slavery. You two are "kindred spirits" with only "a slight twist in differences" concerning reasons, and outcomes.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 05:13:22 AM »
Wonder why the Texas letter of secession is all about slavery?

https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

The lost cause myth!
https://encyclopediavirginia.org/entries/lost-cause-the/

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 06:42:26 AM »
Wonder why the Texas letter of secession is all about slavery?

https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

The lost cause myth!
https://encyclopediavirginia.org/entries/lost-cause-the/

Selective reading by trolls, and pseudo conservatives is nothing new. I think you have accused your critics of the same. 8)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 07:06:19 AM »

TRumpy... let us discuss this rationally...
     Nobody is denying that slavery existed in parts of the U.S., until 173 years ago.  I don't know of anyone who denies that !
   However, there is nobody alive, even for several generations..who was a slave in the U.S.; nor are there any slave owners alive today !

So, next question..what should we do about your complaint?  Let's examine the issue in depth..

My first progenitor in this land was a Scottrish POW, captured during the English Civil War.   He never got back to his beloved highlands, because
     Oliver Cromwell sold him into virtual slavery in New England (circa 1652).

Even as he was released from his indentured servitude, he was still among a people who did not like him at all.  The English did not like the Scots very much back then...and looked down upon those  "wild highlanders"..

Do the descendants of Oliver cromwell owe me and my relations of the same name, some kind of "reparations"?  Not as far as I am concerned,
   and my kinfolk are not applying to the UK government for some kind of a "freebie"..

We are probably fortunate trhat he was sent here, since we are doing OK in the USA..

I would expect that thinking black folks, would notice that too..and admit their good fortune..  Im any cxase, I don't see legions of them, travelling "back home", to places such as Botswana, Tanzania or Namibia !

Incidentally, slavery us still a very present fact in certain mideastern and sub Saharan countries.

Awaiting you reply... let's talk..

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 07:32:17 AM »
Slavery was such a blessing!
Let the reader pause for a moment and look calmly at the facts presented in this statement. The forefathers of these negro soldiers were gathered from the torrid plains and malarial swamps of inhospitable Africa. Generally they were born the slaves of barbarian masters, untaught in all the useful arts and occupations, reared in heathen darkness, they were transferred to shores enlightened by the rays of Christianity. There, put to servitude, they were trained in the gentle arts of peace and order and civilization; they increased from a few unprofitable savages to millions of efficient Christian laborers. Their servile instincts rendered them contented with their lot, and their patient toil blessed the land of their abode with unmeasured riches. Their strong local and personal attachment secured faithful service to those to whom their service  or labor was due. A strong mutual affection was the natural result of this lifelong relation, a feeling best if not only understood by those who have grown from childhood under its influence. Never was there happier dependence of labor and capitol on each other. The tempter came, like the serpent in Eden, and decoyed them with the magic word "freedom." Too many were allured by the uncomprehended and unfilled promises, until the highways of the these wanderers were marked by corpses of infants and the aged. He put arms in their hands, and trained their humble but emotional natures to deeds of violence and bloodshed, and sent them out to devastate their benefactors. …
- Jefferson Davis

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 07:39:54 AM »
Slavery was such a blessing!
Let the reader pause for a moment and look calmly at the facts presented in this statement. The forefathers of these negro soldiers were gathered from the torrid plains and malarial swamps of inhospitable Africa. Generally they were born the slaves of barbarian masters, untaught in all the useful arts and occupations, reared in heathen darkness, they were transferred to shores enlightened by the rays of Christianity. There, put to servitude, they were trained in the gentle arts of peace and order and civilization; they increased from a few unprofitable savages to millions of efficient Christian laborers. Their servile instincts rendered them contented with their lot, and their patient toil blessed the land of their abode with unmeasured riches. Their strong local and personal attachment secured faithful service to those to whom their service  or labor was due. A strong mutual affection was the natural result of this lifelong relation, a feeling best if not only understood by those who have grown from childhood under its influence. Never was there happier dependence of labor and capitol on each other. The tempter came, like the serpent in Eden, and decoyed them with the magic word "freedom." Too many were allured by the uncomprehended and unfilled promises, until the highways of the these wanderers were marked by corpses of infants and the aged. He put arms in their hands, and trained their humble but emotional natures to deeds of violence and bloodshed, and sent them out to devastate their benefactors. …
- Jefferson Davis

Ahhh yes, and if only LBJ had taught them marksmanship. So much wasted ammunition in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York,  Portland, Detroit, and other Utopian Democratic Blue Cities

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 07:58:52 AM »
Battle flag of the lost cause :)

Offline Casull

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 08:09:53 AM »
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 08:10:00 AM »
Battle flag of the lost cause :)

Well bless your little heart sugar puss. Your willing display of ignorance is boundless, but entertaining nonetheless. ;)

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 08:31:59 AM »
Last one “victor” :)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2023, 08:52:41 AM »
if you would have actually served you would know how ignorant and off base you are

blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2023, 09:20:03 AM »

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2023, 09:53:18 AM »
  Come on Trumpy...you are avoiding some important questions

1) What do you expect us to do to please your desires?

2) Who do you blame for slavery, beyond the original slave holders..and why do you do so?

3) You seem to be blaming people of today for what happened nearly 2 centuries ago.. Is it reasonable to blame a person living today for crimes
     done in the past, more than likely by somebody the average peson of today has no connection with.

4) More than 360,000 young men from the northern states paid with their lives to free slaves with which they had no connection.**           

Isn't it about time they were shown some appreciation?

5) I don't know if you are black, white or somewhere in between...and it makes no difference.  ..But try to give me an honest answer to this
    hypothetical question.
        Carl who is white, lives in Shickshinny, PA... 250 years ago, Alvin who lived near Dalton, GA owned two slaves.  Carl is no relation
     to Alvin, and doesn't know anything about him, so should Carl be be required to offer apologies  for what Alvin did, back in 1773..

Should Carl be paying siome kind of fine today for the same reason?

BTW: In 1773, Alvin wasn't even an American..but a British subject.  So should somebody be bringing suit against the UK government for "reparations"?

Looking forward for a clarifying answer...

** We can debate whether the Civil war was to free slaves, but it is common knowledge that after 1865... the institution of
     slavery was effectively moribund..

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2023, 02:36:07 PM »
Robert E. Lee fought in the Mexican war in 1845 and did well for the US.  He was considered by Lincoln to be the General of the Northern Armies.  He declined and fought for his State as most southerners did.  They fought for their states.  He is still studied at West Point.  His tactics were applied by both sides in WWI.  So he was a great General.  All his statues were of him as a General, not a plantation owner.  By the way, Grant was married to a southern plantation owner and they didn't free their slaves until AFTER the Civil War. 

Studies have shown that slavery would have eventually died out with share cropping.  Share cropping replaced slavery after the Civil War, so not much changed except the destruction of the south.  In my county alone, it took about 40 years after the court house was burned to sort out who owned what land and re-establish property lines.  They also burned the railway station and the warehouses in my home county.  This was in early 1865.  There was really no need in this destruction as the war was almost over by then. 90% of the former slaves stayed on the same plantations and worked as share croppers.  Sure they were free, but they knew nothing else except farming.  Most didn't read.  Some of the younger former slaves went up north to the big cities to look for jobs.  Share cropping actually was beginning in the border slave states like Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, and Delaware, thus they didn't succeed. 

Lincoln forced the war by using the forts at the entrances to every southern harbor city to collect tariffs.  Tariffs were raised in 1858 and they affected exports like cotton as well as imported European goods.  Lincoln used tariffs to force the south to give up slavery. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2023, 02:48:19 PM »
Robert E. Lee fought in the Mexican war in 1845 and did well for the US.  He was considered by Lincoln to be the General of the Northern Armies.  He declined and fought for his State as most southerners did.  They fought for their states.  He is still studied at West Point.  His tactics were applied by both sides in WWI.  So he was a great General.  All his statues were of him as a General, not a plantation owner.  By the way, Grant was married to a southern plantation owner and they didn't free their slaves until AFTER the Civil War. 

Studies have shown that slavery would have eventually died out with share cropping.  Share cropping replaced slavery after the Civil War, so not much changed except the destruction of the south.  In my county alone, it took about 40 years after the court house was burned to sort out who owned what land and re-establish property lines.  They also burned the railway station and the warehouses in my home county.  This was in early 1865.  There was really no need in this destruction as the war was almost over by then. 90% of the former slaves stayed on the same plantations and worked as share croppers.  Sure they were free, but they knew nothing else except farming.  Most didn't read.  Some of the younger former slaves went up north to the big cities to look for jobs.  Share cropping actually was beginning in the border slave states like Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, and Delaware, thus they didn't succeed. 

Lincoln forced the war by using the forts at the entrances to every southern harbor city to collect tariffs.  Tariffs were raised in 1858 and they affected exports like cotton as well as imported European goods.  Lincoln used tariffs to force the south to give up slavery.

That is a FACTUAL POST, of what actually was happening,  and ACTUALLY DID HAPPEN.
Lincoln was all about ENDING "STATES RIGHTS".