Author Topic: ..Just consider..where the bulk of our problems with Islam, came from  (Read 256 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Such happens when people are dumb enough to vote for a practical Islamist for president... read the reviews   

https://www.amazon.com/Shariah-America-Exercise-Competitive-Analysis/dp/098229476X

https://www.amazon.com/Obama-Islam-Robert-Spencer/dp/1886442770
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: ..Just consider..where the bulk of our problemns with Islam, came from
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 07:15:53 AM »
I believe Jefferson started dealing with them quite a while back. They'd been a nuisance quite a while before Obama. This nonsense of freedom of religion when said religion dictates killing anyone that isn't a member of said religion is, nonsense.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 11:53:13 AM »
Thomas Jefferson built several ships, including "Old Ironsides" to battle the Barbary pirates off the coast of North Africa.  This was in the very early 1800's.  Part of the Marine hymn comes from this "to the shores of Tripoli".  Tripoli is in Libya today. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 11:59:40 AM »
Thomas Jefferson built several ships, including "Old Ironsides" to battle the Barbary pirates off the coast of North Africa.  This was in the very early 1800's.  Part of the Marine hymn comes from this "to the shores of Tripoli".  Tripoli is in Libya today.

And the barbaty pirates were?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 12:17:02 PM »
  I rewmoved an earlier post in this thread...because I was way off base...not on subject.

The Barbary pirates were some Muslim warlords who held the shoreline of the city of Tripoli. on the Barbary coast of Libya.  Being both lazy and
   and warlike, rather thgan work and earn or trade and prosper...they preyed upon shipping in the Mediterranean.

Many nations, especially the newer and weaker nations, would just pay ransom for the sailors which these Barbary pirates took as "hostages",
   surely that sounds familiar.

Yes they were capturing American sailors...until Thos Jefferson decided it was about high time it came to a stop and decided to sic our Navy and Marines upon those pirates.

That put a halt to those pirates messing with American shipping....and the Marines were entitled to add the line.."the shores of Tripoli" to their
    MARINES hYMN..

Unfortunately, Jefferson had an ambassador who blew an golden opportunity..

Reccommended reading...  https://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Jefferson-Tripoli-Pirates-Forgotten/dp/0143129430

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 12:29:49 PM »
This  thread could likely end up in the religious forum.

But, I have a BIL whose short sightedness blames all our current problems on Obama. Our problems with Islam started with the birth of Islam. And we as a people have refused to deal with it.

In Numbers Chapter 31 versus 17 & 18 God told Moses how to solve the problem. That solution is still viable, but Islam stole the cure, and has actually put it into practice.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 03:11:16 PM »
 Hmmmm...I haven't noticed any "religious" talk here..

Yes, Islam was dreamed uip about AD 620..but it waxes and wanes throughout the centuries. Right now it is waxing, and the links I offered, show how Obama protected and promoted Islam in the US and in it's government.

Online Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 07:34:05 AM »
Actually the problems we have now started when James Carter did not support the Shah of Iran; all that we have now is based on that failure.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 08:27:43 AM »
Actually the problems we have now started when James Carter did not support the Shah of Iran; all that we have now is based on that failure.

Yes; The evil Ayatollah was squirreled away in Paris, when Carter failed to support the Shah...and so let the Ayatollah's followers bring him into Iran.
   So what did Jimmy get for his foolishness?  He got his embassy personnel in Teheran taken captive...and we know the "rest of the story".

THe Ayatollah's Wahabist form of Islam, immediately started on it's rampage..