Author Topic: Kirkland Glucosamine 1500mg Chondroitian 1200mg  (Read 969 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Kirkland Glucosamine 1500mg Chondroitian 1200mg
« on: November 20, 2023, 10:10:06 AM »
In another thread I had mentioned a supplement that has really drastically improved my shoulder movement and reduce the pain levels. This in a shoulder the surgeon has told me must be replaced and I've decided to not have replaced.

The product is made my Kirkland and is sold by Amazon and no doubt lots of other places as well.

It has two ingredients in it: Glucosamine at 1500 mg level and Chondroitin at 1200 mg level.

They are rather large pills (horse pills I call them) but aren't difficult to swallow.

I now again can move the shoulder thru a full range of motion tho not without some pain. Before I started taking these pills I was quite limited in range of motion on my left shoulder and pain to even try was excruciating. There is still some pain, amount varies day to day but I can now actually move it. I can lift the arm to full up extension again.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Kirkland Glucosamine 1500mg Chondroitian 1200mg
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 10:23:59 AM »
Just finished ordering a bottle to see if it helps my knees and shoulders. How many a day do you take?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 11:16:15 AM »
The directions on the bottle say to take 2 a day. I do most days but if it gets real bad some days I'll double up on one dose and take 3. I can't say if it will help anyone else but it sure has made my arthritic shoulder better.

I can now raise the left arm up and straight out where I could not before. I can raise it from the front to fully extended. I have a lamp beside my recliner and I've been having to get Phil or Faye to turn it off at night as I sit and watch TV. I can now again reach up with the left arm and turn it off. Hadn't been able to do that in over a year.

Not saying there isn't still pain cuz there is but it has sure given me range of motion I've not had in a very long time. Hope it helps you as well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 11:42:15 AM »
Thanks for posting
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 11:50:56 AM »
The directions on the bottle say to take 2 a day. I do most days but if it gets real bad some days I'll double up on one dose and take 3. I can't say if it will help anyone else but it sure has made my arthritic shoulder better.

I can now raise the left arm up and straight out where I could not before. I can raise it from the front to fully extended. I have a lamp beside my recliner and I've been having to get Phil or Faye to turn it off at night as I sit and watch TV. I can now again reach up with the left arm and turn it off. Hadn't been able to do that in over a year.

Not saying there isn't still pain cuz there is but it has sure given me range of motion I've not had in a very long time. Hope it helps you as well.

Thanks for the info, mine should be here Monday or sooner.

Offline moamonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 10:44:23 AM »
Tried Glucosamine for my knee sometime ago, ended up with a huge ganglion cyst on the back of my hand. Doc says it wasn’t connected but a cyst like that is made up of… you guessed it, glucosamine. Stopped taking it and the cyst went away.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 02:57:38 PM »

How long have you been taking it?   

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 05:40:47 PM »
Not real sure just how long, I'd guess no more than 30-45 days max. I'm still on the first bottle and it had 180 pills or 90 days worth. I don't think I'm more than half way thru the bottle.

What amazed me was within the first week of taking them the left shoulder started improving, I'm talking major improvement.

I have a lamp by my chair in the living room that I usually turn on when I go in there in the afternoon before I sit down. Then later I always want it off. I the past I just reached up with the left arm and turned it off.

But I'd not been able to do that in over a year. Within the first week to ten days on these pills I can again reach up with the left arm and turn it off. Why the left arm you ask? Well cuz I'm holding onto the upright of it with the right as it's on the right side of my recliner. That's to keep the lamp from tipping over while turning it off.

Here in the computer room immediately to my left is my printer. I have a cup of wake up coffee in here each morning and another when I wake from my nap each afternoon.

I haven't been able to use the left arm to sit my coffee cup onto the top of the printer in over a year, maybe two. Now I again can do that.

Dunno what will happen down the road if I keep taking the stuff but for now I'm a happy camper with it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 08:49:19 AM »
Not real sure just how long, I'd guess no more than 30-45 days max. I'm still on the first bottle and it had 180 pills or 90 days worth. I don't think I'm more than half way thru the bottle.

What amazed me was within the first week of taking them the left shoulder started improving, I'm talking major improvement.

I have a lamp by my chair in the living room that I usually turn on when I go in there in the afternoon before I sit down. Then later I always want it off. I the past I just reached up with the left arm and turned it off.

But I'd not been able to do that in over a year. Within the first week to ten days on these pills I can again reach up with the left arm and turn it off. Why the left arm you ask? Well cuz I'm holding onto the upright of it with the right as it's on the right side of my recliner. That's to keep the lamp from tipping over while turning it off.

Here in the computer room immediately to my left is my printer. I have a cup of wake up coffee in here each morning and another when I wake from my nap each afternoon.

I haven't been able to use the left arm to sit my coffee cup onto the top of the printer in over a year, maybe two. Now I again can do that.

Dunno what will happen down the road if I keep taking the stuff but for now I'm a happy camper with it.
Think  I will give it a try . 

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 11:04:16 AM »
Got to scroll down more often. This just caught my eye. Years back I was taking this supplement. Don't know why, but quit taking it. Found a half a bottle in the cupboard, so will start trying it again. What I do is I have a pill cutter/crusher. I cut the pill in half and a little easier to swallow. And yes they are quite large.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 11:55:17 AM »
  Thanks for the post, Bill !  Apersonal testimony like yours, goes much further than just more commercial advertising..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 12:26:11 PM »
I tried it and all I got was an upset stomach

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 12:02:48 PM »
I tried it and all I got was an upset stomach
I know what your talking about. I've found out that if I try and take several different supplements, Fish oil, zinc, Vitamin c, maybe a B-12 at the same time, my stomach starts to sound like Mt. St Helens an hour later. So I'm trying to regulate what, and when I take something. Figure if I only take something 2-3 times a week, and  some of the others the other days, my rumblings will be a little quieter than my Harley!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 12:59:56 PM »
I take a 1 a day mens multiple vitamin 4 times a week, no problem, but the one here Bill is talking about says 2 a day. I took 1 in the morning, and 1 in the evening, both with food and it still kept my stomach upset, and didn't help my knees,.
After spring branding and the grass is up, I'm going to try and get'em both replaced

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2023, 01:16:09 PM »
  . . .I took 1 in the morning, and 1 in the evening, both with food and it still kept my stomach upset, and didn't help my knees . . .

Ok
That tells me what I need to know

I've already got bad stomach issues
with ulcers
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .