Author Topic: NBC Poll: Gun Ownership at Record High  (Read 423 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
NBC Poll: Gun Ownership at Record High
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:07:10 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nbc-poll-guns-gun-rights/2023/11/21/id/1143143/

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Tuesday, 21 November 2023 02:46 PM EST

More than half of voters in the United States (52%) say they or someone living in their home owns a gun, the highest number recorded by an NBC News national poll since the survey first presented the question in 1999.

"In the last 10 years, we've grown [10 points] in gun ownership. That's a very stunning number," said Micah Roberts of Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling firm that conducted the poll for NBC News/The Wall Street Journal.

"By and large, things don't change that dramatically that quickly when it comes to something as fundamental as whether you own a gun," Roberts said.

The numbers have been climbing over the years. The share of people owning guns was 42% in February 2013 and 46% in 2019.

The poll found that gun owners fall along partisan lines, as it has for several years, but the numbers also have gone up in each party:

* 66% of Republicans surveyed said they or someone in their home owns a gun, compared to 57% in 2024.

* 41% of Democrats said there is a gun owner in their home, compared to 33% in 2004.

* 45% of independents said there is a gun owner, compared to 41% in 2004.

In addition, more white voters than Black or Latino voters own guns, the poll showed, but ownership has gone up among voters: 56% of white voters said there is a gun owner in their home, compared to 53% in 2019; and 41% of Black voters said there is a gun owner, compared to 24% in 2019.

The poll also found voters' attitudes on gun rights were almost equally split, with 48% saying they are more concerned the government won't do enough to regulate firearms, and 47% saying they think the government will go too far.

The poll was conducted on Nov. 10-14 of 1,000 registered voters and carried a margin of error of plus/minus 3.1 percentage points.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: NBC Poll: Gun Ownership at Record High
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 12:21:55 PM »
 Doesn't surprise me. People read the news. People that live within say 30 miles of a major city, and I'd bet most do, see what's happening. First it was defund the police, a lot of city's now have a hard time getting new recruits. When the politicians and head of departments throw an officer under the bus for doing his job, nobody wants to work in an environment like that. And left leaning judge's let criminals out, with little or no jail time or bail! It will not get better unless the legal system does a 180, and starts doing it's job. Tried by 12, carried by 6!!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 03:42:04 PM »
Saw the same article. I think it will make it more difficult for the government to confiscate guns. AND Americans, from which ever nation they come, are very reluctant to give up things that were too hard for their ancestors to come by.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »
read somewhere that black friday gun sales were up 18% from last year and last year was up 14% ffrom the tear before.
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »
At the sheriffs office in the local courthouse, they are open for carry permits weekly during the day. They are open one evening which is Wednesday evening, by appointment only. I know someone that just called to get an appointment, and they said not until Jan. 26th.  Must be lots of people applying for permits. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 02:13:13 PM »
I have to wonder how they get these figures as I don't recall ever being asked by a pollster, nor anyone else if there were any gun owners in my house.

I guess the good thing is that 59 percent of libs are unarmed--or are they?  Oh wait, I do remember possibly having to answer a question about owning guns when I applied for my concealed carry permit, but that was over fifty years ago.  I think I'll keep the permit for another fifty years.
Swingem

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 02:53:03 PM »
If they’re anything like the lefties I know they are gun keepers, usually could not get to it or remember where they put it, butt on the outside chance they did, couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. There are always exceptions to the rule, so generally speaking.