Author Topic: Illegal Aliens Can Go to The VA  (Read 461 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Illegal Aliens Can Go to The VA
« on: December 02, 2023, 01:27:10 AM »
The Veterans Administration has jumped on board with treating illegal aliens. How bout that? :)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Illegal Aliens Can Go to The VA
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 01:49:20 AM »
Citation?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 11:42:28 PM »
sounds like there processing paper work for then not actually treating them. either way this is WRONG. VA's fault? Nope, there just another federal agency like the fbi that serves as they are ordered to. thats like blaming a private for some general ok'ing a drag show on base. if this is being done that order came from the brain dead man in the whitehouse
blue lives matter

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 01:02:46 AM »
Might want to reread the article.  The arrangement long predates the Biden administration. It was outlined in a 2020 memo during the Trump administration.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 01:07:15 AM »
Yeah. I'm not surprised.
That's just that much more
infrastructure that is usurped
by border jumpers that isn't
available for those that it was
meant for.
Been trying to inform about things
like that for a long time, but was
just ignored or chastised.
People don't understand that while
the personnel are diddling with the
the issues of the border jumpers that
have never contributed to the system,
there's some veteran somewhere that
can't get whatever care that they need
because the personnel and resources
that were allocated for veteran care
are now being directed to border jumpers
instead of the rightful citizens that served.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 03:08:29 AM »
i have to wonder too. 2 years ago if i wanted to see my va doc id send her an email and id be in the next day or at least that week if it wasnt a pressing problem. last time i called they said there scheduling two months out and if id do a video conference two weeks. dont know how to do it and it might be silly but i dont want anyone to see me through this computer and i even have a piece of tape over the camera. when i switched to that office 7 years ago they had one doc and twp pa's. doc moved on about a year later. left 2 pa's. about 6 months ago one of the pa,s quit and theres only one left to do it all. i asked her if it was money or the fact they couldnt get one. she said she makes decent money for a pa so getting one shouldnt be the hold up. she said they wont tell her anymore  than theyll tell her. i asked her if it effected her and she says just a little because she doesnt get time between paitents but shes contracted for 4 days a week 7 hours a day and thats what she works.. your only other choice is the va hospital but thats a 240 miles round trip vs a 100 miles round trip. they will pay me milage but thats a bit much for me to drive and it about means the wife has to take a sick day. same thing with my va rep. he got a promotion to oversee all the service reps in the northern half of michigan. they didnt replace his job either. now ive got to shop for a new one that lives twice as far away.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 07:28:32 AM »
Might want to reread the article.  The arrangement long predates the Biden administration. It was outlined in a 2020 memo during the Trump administration.

Perhaps we should all look a bit closer.  Here is a release from the VA and DHS.
    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/07/02/dhs-va-announce-initiative-support-noncitizen-service-members-veterans-and-immediate

They talk about "non citizen"..military members.  If they served a genuine enlistment, and were perhaps something like interpreters for our troops serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, I can understand..but look at tbhisstatement from the above link.  Right iff, first paragraph..

"elease Date: July 2, 2021
WASHINGTON – Today, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas and Secretary of Veterans Affairs Denis R. McDonough announced a new initiative to support our Nation’s noncitizen service members, veterans, and the immediate family members of service members. "

Now, if they plan on running these "veterans" families through bthe VA hospitals, shucks..they don't do that for American citizen veteran's families !!

The plan may have been "outlined" during the Trump admin, but it wasn't put in effect.  Remember, govt bureaucrats can outline many things
    and even do many things, but the only thing we can put at the Pres feet, is  what he actually does, not for games appointed indivisuals can do.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2023, 07:44:18 AM »

Perhaps we should all ;ook a bit closer.  Here is a release from the VA and DHS.
    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/07/02/dhs-va-announce-initiative-support-noncitizen-service-members-veterans-and-immediate

They talk about "non citizen"..military members.  If they served a genuine enlistment, and were perhaps something like interpreters for our troops serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, I can understand..but look at tbhisstatement from the above link.  Right iff, first paragraph..

"elease Date: July 2, 2021
WASHINGTON – Today, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas and Secretary of Veterans Affairs Denis R. McDonough announced a new initiative to support our Nation’s noncitizen service members, veterans, and the immediate family members of service members. "

Now, if they plan on running these "veterans" families through bthe VA hospitals, shucks..they don't do that for American citizen veteran's families !!

The plan may have been "outlined" during the Trump admin, but it wasn't put in effect.  Remember, govt bureaucrats can outline many things
    and even do many things, but the only thing we can put at the Pres feet, is  what he actually does, not for games appointed indivisuals can do.

Yeah butt, he made a statement that would lead the reader to the wrong conclusion. I consider that to be the same as lying... When you tell someone the truth knowing they will come to a false understanding = Lying.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 08:00:18 AM »
i have to wonder too. 2 years ago if i wanted to see my va doc id send her an email and id be in the next day or at least that week if it wasnt a pressing problem. last time i called they said there scheduling two months out and if id do a video conference two weeks. dont know how to do it and it might be silly but i dont want anyone to see me through this computer and i even have a piece of tape over the camera. when i switched to that office 7 years ago they had one doc and twp pa's. doc moved on about a year later. left 2 pa's. about 6 months ago one of the pa,s quit and theres only one left to do it all. i asked her if it was money or the fact they couldnt get one. she said she makes decent money for a pa so getting one shouldnt be the hold up. she said they wont tell her anymore  than theyll tell her. i asked her if it effected her and she says just a little because she doesnt get time between paitents but shes contracted for 4 days a week 7 hours a day and thats what she works.. your only other choice is the va hospital but thats a 240 miles round trip vs a 100 miles round trip. they will pay me milage but thats a bit much for me to drive and it about means the wife has to take a sick day. same thing with my va rep. he got a promotion to oversee all the service reps in the northern half of michigan. they didnt replace his job either. now ive got to shop for a new one that lives twice as far away.

VA service seems to vary greatly from area to area.  My 2 brothers now deceased, who lived in East Texas, finally were furnished a small clinic at Port Arthur.  Prior to that, they had to travel to houston..about 100 miles each way.

I have seen changes inn the VA medical services since I signed with them in the late 1990s..

1) Obama came in and bumped up the cost to veteran for visits and prescriptions..

2)  Then Trump came in and fixed it so if a veteran lives far from a VA hospital, he/she can get surgeries etc., with a hospital near the veteran.

3) Now with Biden...  From what I see, doctors seem to be in short supply. Many leaving, going somewhere..to be replaced by PAs.

If youn live that far from a VA hospital, you should, under Trump's plan, be able to visit a civilian hospital,  to be covered by the VA..

I  am not beholden to the VA, since I have retained my civilian hospital plan too..so i am not "over a barrel", and consult often with my civilian
   medical care providers also.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2023, 12:11:54 AM »
if your more than 45 miles from a va facility you can sighn some papers and use a local civilian doctor. i live 49 miles away so i could do it. two reasons i havent. first is our town has a small hospital. they wont even keep patients more than one night. they employ on doctor thats basically a figurehead that sees no patients. then they have 2 pa's and 2 nurse practitioners. every time you go in there its like "take some Tylenol and get back to me in two days. one of my best buddys was having pains in his stomach and went there 4 times over a year for it and they did nothing. he went to the va hospital a 120 miles from here for his mandatory once a year appointment and told the doc about it and an hour later the doctor told him he had stage 4 stomach cancer. a year latter he was dead. who knows. he might still be alive if that pa would have even done an xray. one thing ive found with all the va docs ive delt with is if you complain that your fingers sore they will send you to ct scans mris xrays blood tests and anything else they can drean up.  i spent 15 months in a va hospital healing and rehabbing and then just like now they have the best rehab programs in the world. second reason is i like my pa at the va. shes known our family for 20 years and cares enough that she showed up at my mother and fathers funeral. all that said im contemplating the change. it right on the edge and if i have another problem getting an appointment i will at least apply and have the option of using a civilian doctor if i cant get in to the va
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2023, 04:11:34 AM »
if your more than 45 miles from a va facility you can sighn some papers and use a local civilian doctor. i live 49 miles away so i could do it. two reasons i havent. first is our town has a small hospital. they wont even keep patients more than one night. they employ on doctor thats basically a figurehead that sees no patients. then they have 2 pa's and 2 nurse practitioners. every time you go in there its like "take some Tylenol and get back to me in two days. one of my best buddys was having pains in his stomach and went there 4 times over a year for it and they did nothing. he went to the va hospital a 120 miles from here for his mandatory once a year appointment and told the doc about it and an hour later the doctor told him he had stage 4 stomach cancer. a year latter he was dead. who knows. he might still be alive if that pa would have even done an xray. one thing ive found with all the va docs ive delt with is if you complain that your fingers sore they will send you to ct scans mris xrays blood tests and anything else they can drean up.  i spent 15 months in a va hospital healing and rehabbing and then just like now they have the best rehab programs in the world. second reason is i like my pa at the va. shes known our family for 20 years and cares enough that she showed up at my mother and fathers funeral. all that said im contemplating the change. it right on the edge and if i have another problem getting an appointment i will at least apply and have the option of using a civilian doctor if i cant get in to the va

Yes; use that option, so you can go to another doctor on the VA.. you earned it !  Perhaps you could use another doctor who has but an office
     practice, but you believe to be more proficient than the one available at the local hospital.