Author Topic: Color me soft in my old age..  (Read 225 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Color me soft in my old age..
« on: December 29, 2023, 03:59:56 AM »
  Yes, color me soft...but it warmed my heart to see this baby, born profoundly deaf...hear Mama's voice for the first time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Q5kO4YXFs
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Color me soft in my old age..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 08:09:09 AM »
That is a blessing from God when his technology is used for good. 8)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 05:59:11 PM »
The older I get, the more emotional I have become. Videos like this tear me up instantly. Today, I dropped my 3 year G Grandson off at his baby sitter. Kind of a pre-school thing. He didn't want me to leave and held onto my leg. I've been accused of spoiling my little ones, and I'm proudly guilty. His parents are going through a divorce, and it effects him and his siblings greatly. Breaks my heart.

IMO... A lot of parents today give up too easily on marriages. It may not be a big thing to them, but it's catastrophic to the children. I'm old school. These little ones are the only innocent beings on earth .If you start a family, then stay with it Dam it! I know there are times when it's necessary to part, but many that are not. (I rant)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 03:24:04 AM »
Thats awesome!
Yes I too am more emotional the older I get. My heart would be broken too if any of my grandkids parent's were divorcing.  Seems as though divorce has become common anymore, and it is the kids that suffer.  Keeping your marriage is about forgiving your spouse. If God forgives us for the things we do we should forgive our spouse for things they do that we are hurt by.
I married when I was 19 due to an unexpected child on the way. My wife was 18 at the time. When our son was around 2 years old my wife left me. We both got lawyers, and were prepared to divorce. After a number of months my wife realized her mistake, and wanted to come back. I was so hurt by her leaving me I was dead set against taking her back. Then one day my father sat me down and talked to me, basically telling me it would be best if I took her back. I'm sure my father was realizing the consequences for our son if we divorced. So I ended up excepting her back, we built our own home, had another son. Each of our sons have a good marriage and each have a son and daughter, and are both successful. I often think if it wasn't for the intersession of my father, and God to persuade me to accept my wife back. At the minimum I wouldn't have the second son and two grand children I have, and who knows what a divorce would have done to my oldest son's life.  We have been married now for almost 48 years, with me being a caregiver for her for the last 17 years. Due to a brain injury when she was 48.  Which has been a tremendous burden, but I'm still thankful I didn't divorce her because the result is two wonderful sons, and 4 beautiful grandchildren. 

Its not a rant NW. Its the absolute truth. Stay with the marriage especially if there are children involved. First and foremost, forgive, and do what you have to to keep it together. To many couples just think about themselves when getting a divorce, which is what I was doing at one time.           
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 05:17:18 AM »
   From NW;

"
IMO... A lot of parents today give up too easily on marriages. It may not be a big thing to them, but it's catastrophic to the children. I'm old school. These little ones are the only innocent beings on earth .If you start a family, then stay with it Dam it! I know there are times when it's necessary to part, but many that are not. (I rant0 '

I know exactly what you mean, NW ! I have seen marriages break up far too easily.  One grandson has had his marriage crumble..and it is a
    miserable thing to see.  I think that his work more or less led to his problems.

I cannot understand how some folks get wrapped up in music...groupies acting nuts over a certain singer or band..  This grandson is not a singer
      nor has a band, but he is an 'in demand' disc jockey.. a secondary work..

Groupies surrounding a DJ??  Hard to understand, but it happens..   He has groupies that hang around when he plays, and unfortunately, he
   chose a wife by her looks alone...
   She knew he is a serious Christian, so sadly, she just "played the game",  but when the "rubber met the road", her duplicity was made obvious..
   She was a "party girl"..

His little boy now has to split his life between two houses, his and hers..  ...And two very different life styles...

Did you ever notice..when a marriage partner wants to leave and/or run around...they never ask the children involved, for their input?

Obviously.. they don't ask, because they already know what the children will say..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)