Author Topic: NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre to Step Down  (Read 686 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre to Step Down
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:23:53 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/us/nra-national-rifle-association-wayne-lapierre/2024/01/05/id/1148423/

Friday, 05 January 2024 02:14 PM EST

ABOUT DAMN TIME

The longtime head of the National Rifle Association said Friday he is resigning, just days before the start of a New York civil trial that's poised to scrutinize his leadership of the powerful gun rights organization.

Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president and chief executive officer, said his departure is effective Jan. 31. He had been in charge of the NRA since 1991. Andrew Arulanandam will become the interim CEO & EVP, the organization said.

"With pride in all that we have accomplished, I am announcing my resignation from the NRA," LaPierre said in a statement released by the organization. "I've been a card-carrying member of this organization for most of my adult life, and I will never stop supporting the NRA and its fight to defend Second Amendment freedom. My passion for our cause burns as deeply as ever."

A trial in New York Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit against the NRA, LaPierre and others who have served as organization executives is scheduled to start on Monday. LaPierre is among the witnesses expected to testify.

James, a Democrat, accuses LaPierre and other executives of illegally diverting tens of millions of dollars from the NRA and spending organization funds on personal trips, no-show contracts and other questionable expenditures.

James is seeking to ban LaPierre and the other executives from serving in the leadership of any not-for-profit or charitable organization conducting business in New York, which would effectively remove them from any involvement with the NRA.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre to Step Down
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 09:33:46 AM »
LOL! YOU BEAT ME TO IT.  IT IS "ABOUT DAMN TIME"
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 11:13:48 AM »
Long past the time for him to go.
wtxbadger
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 04:34:20 PM »
Hell, it was time for him to go many years ago. I dropped the NRA and went to GOA in the 90's. Don't expect the one that replaces him to be any different. LaPierre endorses him.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 04:50:55 PM »
Hell, it was time for him to go many years ago. I dropped the NRA and went to GOA in the 90's. Don't expect the one that replaces him to be any different. LaPierre endorses him.

Hope you are wrong. Years ago, I told the NRA I wouldn't donate again until LaPierre was gone. I guess now I can consider it again.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 12:28:06 AM »
dont let the door------------------------
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 02:49:57 AM »

I agree, and that was the first thing I thought also. The NRA is just not LaPierre. Its full of bureaucrats, wasting money, and filling their pockets.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 11:12:26 AM »

I agree, and that was the first thing I thought also. The NRA is just not LaPierre. Its full of bureaucrats, wasting money, and filling their pockets.

No doubt.

Online Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 01:34:14 PM »
Sounds like our government...

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 02:33:20 PM »

NRA sleeps with the federal government.
Dislike Dislike x 2 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 03:11:59 PM »

NRA sleeps with the federal government.

Yup, and just like the goobermit, they pretend to love us, while screwing us. They are famous for compromise. Another way of chipping away our freedoms.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Dislike Dislike x 1 View List

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 11:51:03 AM »
 Being a conspiracy nut for many years, I remember telling buddies at the gun shows back in the 90's.  I wouldn't be surprised if you had found out, LaPierre and Sarah Brady from Handgun Control had met at some out of the way restaurant outside DC every other month and worked out who was going to say what, and the other a couple days later say something, just to get donations rolling in.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
Funny Funny x 1 View List