Author Topic: DirecTV Offering Some Really Great Packages & Savings  (Read 266 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
DirecTV Offering Some Really Great Packages & Savings
« on: January 15, 2024, 02:00:01 PM »
When you tell them you want to cancel your service with them. Sometime back I put up an antenna to see what the Amarillo stations had to offer. It wasn't bad for what it was, and today WE DECIDED to cancel DirecTV, and along with our antenna, we'll stream the rest.
It was amazing how congenial, and generously helpful the folks at DirecTV suddenly became. So much so that, I finally assured the nice lady that, no matter what you offer me I'm still canceling, just to get it over with. That sped things up quite a bit.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DirecTV Offering Some Really Great Packages & Savings
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 06:51:56 AM »
I think with the streaming services now available the Dish companies will fold up. I canceled Dish Network this past year. I know a lot of others that have also canceled. Likewise they made offers to me to keep me from canceling.  I asked her why none of these offers weren't offered to me over the last 20 years.  All they did was keep raising the price for mostly garbage I never watched anyway. Lots of people now canceling the dish services. They have kept doing what they always did, and never changed with the market, so I see them folding up. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 08:56:38 AM »
i should switch too. only thing i use dish for is local news and those alaskan shows that have gotten about stupid. mostly we watch netflixs or amazon prime and a few of the streaming movie channels like roko and freeve and fox. only thing id miss is the fox news channel but its all probably on their streaming service. thats free if your a vet
I think with the streaming services now available the Dish companies will fold up. I canceled Dish Network this past year. I know a lot of others that have also canceled. Likewise they made offers to me to keep me from canceling.  I asked her why none of these offers weren't offered to me over the last 20 years.  All they did was keep raising the price for mostly garbage I never watched anyway. Lots of people now canceling the dish services. They have kept doing what they always did, and never changed with the market, so I see them folding up.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 09:21:05 AM »
Sling has fox, fox Nation ect and a lot more. Its 55 a month, a 100+ dollars saving.

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 04:31:06 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember having to threaten Direct TV every time they went up on their rates, for adding crap channels I didn’t care anything about. Dropped them way back.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 02:06:45 AM »
i should switch too. only thing i use dish for is local news and those alaskan shows that have gotten about stupid. mostly we watch netflixs or amazon prime and a few of the streaming movie channels like roko and freeve and fox. only thing id miss is the fox news channel but its all probably on their streaming service. thats free if your a vet

Yes a number of streaming services offer Fox News. Sling, Hulu, and I believe Paramont plus.  I ended up getting Hulu, and saved money from dropping Dish Network.
When I canceled Dish they said they were going to send me shipping instructions to return a part from the dish itself, and the Dish receiver which I assume is rather expensive.  They never sent me anything to return thos items, and that was about 6 months ago.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 02:14:58 AM »
Saame here. DirecTV is supposed to send me shipping cartons.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 02:43:35 AM »
Saame here. DirecTV is supposed to send me shipping cartons.

If they are as screwed up as Dish Network, probably won't happen.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 04:49:32 AM »
Just me-  I can't see paying what
a lot of people do for "premium "
television and cellphone and internet
service.
I listen to the radio mostly for my
electronic information, and some of
the messages I get from here and
there.  I used to park in front of the
television pretty often, but there's so
much thinly disguised trash on, I
seldom turn it on.
The books and printed items I have
still work once paid for, and no further
funds are necessary for repeat use
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 09:05:33 AM »

Yes a number of streaming services offer Fox News. Sling, Hulu, and I believe Paramont plus.  I ended up getting Hulu, and saved money from dropping Dish Network.
When I canceled Dish they said they were going to send me shipping instructions to return a part from the dish itself, and the Dish receiver which I assume is rather expensive.  They never sent me anything to return thos items, and that was about 6 months ago.
You probably  paid for those items  10 times over already .  I have Dish also but  will be making a change .