Author Topic: son in law schooled me on ars  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Trade Count: (32)
son in law schooled me on ars
« on: January 16, 2024, 11:43:23 PM »
he came over to fix my tractor. hes a heavy equipment mechanic. i had the new 45acp ar15 and was trying to get it to run. it wouldn't run 3 rounds in a row from 3 different brad mags including even factory glocks. so me having built well over 20 of them automatically default to buffer weight buffer springs and ammo problems. i tried different ammo 3 different buffers and 4 different springs and different combos of all of them. NOTHING would work. i came to the conclusion it was a pos and getting shipped back.

son in law walked in and i told him the troubles i was have and he said let me look at it. he farted around for about a minute and said is this suppose tho be flopping around. "This" was the ejector. on a pistol cal ar the ejector isnt in the bolt its a bar that sticks up in the lower tht hits the case rim and kicks it out. obviously they dropped it in and didnt tighten the 2 allen screws that hold it in and it wasnt hitting the case head and at times was even rubbing on the bottom of the bolt slowing it down. he tightened the allen screws and i shot 2 mags each out off all 3 brands and it didnt miss a beat. i know thats not much of a test but it gives me hope and being below zero i wasnt going to stand out on the deck any longer. tell you what though if it runs it might become my favorite gun. at least till i get the 8in 40sw done. but i think ill never get the son in law to quit telling me he schooled me.
blue lives matter