Author Topic: Asset Forfeiture Law  (Read 108 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Asset Forfeiture Law
« on: January 31, 2024, 10:19:40 AM »
More and more I'm thinking if the States don't save us, we will go under as a Republic. DC isn't going to do it. Now we have Trump going along with this Asset Forfeiture BS. Taking money and property from people without a trial.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-sheriff-asset-forfeiture-texas-234740
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Asset Forfeiture Law
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 11:08:55 AM »
From what I've heard it is a way to steal from citizens without going to court. It provides an easy way to "get out of jail free" if you have assets that can be taken without a court order. Or that can be taken when you don't have the money to defend yourself. Sure doesn't sound right for a way to do things (to me anyway).

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 11:32:14 AM »
You realize that politico is a leftist news org that writes hit pieces on Donald Trump... This article is also 5 or 6 years old. What a surprise it would resurface in this election year...

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 12:18:11 PM »
You are keerect! it is an old article. In my haste, I failed to observe! I will give myself ten lashes with a wet noodle for that.
The article popped up when I was watching a video of the FBI raiding lock boxes and stealing money and assets.
https://reason.com/2024/01/23/appeals-court-fbis-safe-deposit-box-seizures-violated-fourth-amendment/

I still think Trump was wrong to approve of such a move. He sometimes get sucked into something without thinking it through. Like the Bump stock thing.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 12:26:58 PM »