Author Topic: i love global warming  (Read 148 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
i love global warming
« on: February 02, 2024, 12:53:40 AM »
never saw a winter like this in my lifetime. usually by now theres 4 feet of snow in the yard and the bay is froze solid and theres trucks driving on it. today theres grass showing in my front yard and there isnt even pack ice near shore on lake superior. driving back from shooting yesterday and you could still see the sand beach. been in the mid 30s for most of the winter. i laughed yesterday. the son in law keeps his harley in my barn and he stopped yesterday afernoon on his way to work and left his truck here and drove his harley. first time ever ive saw a harley in jan-feb here. he said he got the idea because he saw some others riding. Deer sure are getting a break this winter too. As is my heating bill.
blue lives matter
Dislike Dislike x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: i love global warming
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 01:12:45 AM »
Despite the whiningconcerning "global warming" over the last 50 years, snowfall has decade by decade, remianed rather constant for well over a century.

Seasons with litle sno happen. If you scroll down to the second list, and look to the far right at "Minimum snow" seasons, you will see  where there were some very low totals recorded for a season.

For instance ; Columbus Ohio, only got 0.9" in 1918-1919 season

North Platte, Nebraska.. only got 3" in 1903-1904

New York, NY  ...got 2.8" in 1972-1973
                     Dodge city, Kansas ...got 0.3"   in 1903-1904

Madison, WWisconsin got 4" in 1901-1902

Nevertheless the chart is interesting..   https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/US-Snowfall-1900-2019-Decade-Decade-Look
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 06:18:12 AM »
I love global warming too. Don't have to burn as much wood, buy as much oil, and shovel as much snow. Plus food is much easier grown.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 08:06:07 AM »
I hate warm winters with a passion.
I will give credit to one Weatherman today who said the lack of snow this winter , after the past two seasons drought, is going to be a serious problem for farmers next year.
AT that:
The chart does confirm what I remeber as  a youth; as a youth when you crossed the Minn. border into the Dakota, within a few miles you were in DRY often dusty country.

That has changed drastically in the past 20 years; now Easter Dakotas are as wet and green as Minnesota.
Nebraska has not changed though, my Mom is from there; it is still as dry as Gruesome Gulch.

https://y.yarn.co/39fbab41-d128-4467-aadd-6bb028d5214d.mp4