Author Topic: AK first time out  (Read 353 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
AK first time out
« on: February 14, 2024, 02:25:55 PM »
 Picked up a Century Arms AK a short time ago, first time out today. Put a red dot sight on it, and blamo ammo Wolf ammo. Took about 8-9 shots, got it zeroed in at 100 yds. without to much problem. Smakin' around a 6'' swinger without any problem. Definitely need to get a new rear stock. Even thou it's made in the US, they used the spec's for a 5'4'' Oriental with short arms. Probably going to get a Magpul folder for it. Had replaced the original dust cover with one that had a picatinney rail to mount the red dot. The sight loosened up after 35 rds., so when I clean it, will Locktite the screws and head back to check zero. Wish it had a better trigger, but, it is an AK.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: AK first time out
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 02:34:18 PM »
I had several years ago, a Romanian AK47. Really nice gun. I foolishly sold it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:40 PM »
ive got one. take it out once a year to camp. i use steel case wolf i bought a number of cases of when it was cheap. what i like is i dont have to pick up brass. there a good gun but never really pushed my buttons. theyre awkward feel in my hand, awkward to change mags in and not all that accurate. but they do run like the energizer bunny. i guess my opinion is obvious. i have one, i wont sell it but i wont buy another especially with the price of ammo today. even to reload it brass and bullets are 2-3 times more expensive than 556 and it uses more powder. ill hand my nephews a coffe can of 556 and a couple ars and let them go to town as long as they pick up my brass. ive let them all run a mag through the ak but thats it. i have enough ammo for my self or if shtf to feed it a while. but that ammo will have to last till they plant me. crap costs 4-5 times more than it did just ten years ago. i think the last cases i bought were a 120 bucks and i bitched at that because i was use to under a 100.
blue lives matter

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 01:44:54 AM »
I used to have a fairly nice AK, but I
sent it away when I started culling
some of the things that were gathering
dust. 7.62X39 is a pretty good hunting
round for most of the places I've been
at except for farther west and southwest
of here. More longer range shots are