Author Topic: Tired of the Google bias?  (Read 224 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Tired of the Google bias?
« on: February 16, 2024, 12:11:19 PM »
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tired of the Google bias?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 02:44:44 PM »
For a good while now I have absolutly noticed DuckDuckGo hasn't been what it once was. I think now its not much different than Google. When you do a search on a subject on DuckDuckGo, a bunch of leftist sources come up.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 03:00:50 PM »
Haven't used Google in several years. Haven't had any problems with the 2 ducks.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 03:29:07 PM »
So I just did a basic search on DUckDuck saying " BIdens lack of leadership" Every site that came up on the page was left or left leaning. Like TheHIll, CNN, NBCnews, Scalise.house, (Steve Scslise has said that Bidens presidency is ligitimate) Time.com, Politico.com, economist.com. I clicked on more results, and got gallup.com, PBS, NYTimes.com, Fortune.com, BaffaloNews. Everyone of them is left leaning, and the only two that might be center or right of center were Forbes, and the Spectator. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 03:43:40 PM »
So I just did a basic search on DUckDuck saying " BIdens lack of leadership" Every site that came up on the page was left or left leaning. Like TheHIll, CNN, NBCnews, Scalise.house, (Steve Scslise has said that Bidens presidency is ligitimate) Time.com, Politico.com, economist.com. I clicked on more results, and got gallup.com, PBS, NYTimes.com, Fortune.com, BaffaloNews. Everyone of them is left leaning, and the only two that might be center or right of center were Forbes, and the Spectator.

Just got this off of duck duck. And there were several to choose from. It isn't what you ask, it's how you word it.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/569012-bidens-weak-leadership-is-now-americas-top-national-security-threat/
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 05:22:37 PM »
  I believe I have detected a leftward drift to the Duckyduck.  It seems when I ask a specific question about current news..the lefty ones come up first,
   juit like Google.

If they are displaying without bias, they should be displaying both conservative and lefty sites  equally.  On the other hand, if they are going by user
    size, Fox News should be at least in the top three.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 06:23:20 PM »
I already KNOW the way I lean and no D-D.Go or Googly search is going to leave me to read a site in which I am not interested.  I could care less that those left-leaning decisions are out there. 

I am far right, will stay far right, and suggestions otherwise, due to the Google or Duck-Duck-Go search I may make off-hand is an illegitimate means of labeling me...but have at it if you care to waste your time. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 08:05:56 PM »
I already KNOW the way I lean and no D-D.Go or Googly search is going to leave me to read a site in which I am not interested.  I could care less that those left-leaning decisions are out there. 

I am far right, will stay far right, and suggestions otherwise, due to the Google or Duck-Duck-Go search I may make off-hand is an illegitimate means of labeling me...but have at it if you care to waste your time.

I only point this out, because with Google, I can ask any current event question, and the answer comes in such a way, that I have to wade through
    a couple Google pages, before I come to any conservative 'voices'.   ...And Ducky is getting that way.

Putting it another way, if I want fresh information and I want it "fair & balanced", and click onto Google...I have to sort my way through 15-20
    leftist offerings first, before I can get into the real "meat of the subject".

That is what I consider as "wasting my time"..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 02:25:05 AM »
I'm going to try Freespoke.  I like it already.