Author Topic: only 13 texans  (Read 207 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
only 13 texans
« on: February 17, 2024, 12:50:16 AM »
It’s a common misconception that the Texans who rose up against Mexico were all settlers from the U.S. who decided on independence. There were many native Texans—Mexican nationals referred to as Tejanos—who joined the movement and fought every bit as bravely as their Anglo companions. Both sides included prominent Mexican citizens.

Among the 187 men in Travis's forces who died were 13 native-born Texans, 11 of Mexican descent. There were 41 Europeans, two African Americans, and the rest were Americans from states in the United States. Santa Anna's forces included a mix of former Spanish citizens, Spanish-Mexican criollos and mestizos, and several indigenous young men sent from the interior of Mexico.

wonder if the rest were hiding in the basement ::)
blue lives matter

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: only 13 texans
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 08:19:00 AM »
For a guy who purportedly likes all Americans, you sure have some hate for Texans.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: only 13 texans
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 12:22:15 AM »
just one. i actually have friend i served with there and believe me there NOTHING like him. they are actually pro american not america haters. his religious hate makes me shake my head but i have absolutely no use for someone that hates this country that tens of thousands including texans have died for. seems pretty easy to me. you hate this country LEAVE because texas isnt going anywhere. Other than the hate and childish talk on here texas has been to me considered one of the most patriotic states. 
For a guy who purportedly likes all Americans, you sure have some hate for Texans.
blue lives matter