Author Topic: RFK wants Black Farmers Only to get 5 Billion in Reparations  (Read 212 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
NEWSMAX
Old RFK is singing a different tune as election time draws near.

Independent candidate for president Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said he would give Black farmers $5 billion in reparations.

Kennedy made the comments during an interview with John Boyd. Jr., founder of the National Black Farmers Association.

"That $5 billion is not money, that is an entitlement," Kennedy said, according to the Washington Examiner. "It's money that was a loan that Black farmers were entitled to way back when and was stolen from them through discrimination."

Boyd had previously sued the Biden administration for failing to provide reparations that would have assisted socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers, according to the Examiner. The money was meant for the American Rescue Plan but was blocked after white farmers said it violated their constitutional rights.

The money was later put into the Inflation Reduction Act, with $2 billion going to farmers who faced discrimination and $3 billion going to the Agriculture Department to disperse to financially struggling farmers regardless of race.

Kennedy promised to get rid of the people who held up the plan, the Examiner reported.

Last week, Kennedy's campaign announced it secured funding to fulfill ballot access in all 50 U.S. states following an $8 million donation from the candidate's running mate Nicole Shanahan.

Kennedy recently qualified for the ballot in Texas, the sixth state his campaign has qualified for, joining Utah, Michigan, California, Delaware, and Oklahoma.

His campaign said it has collected enough signatures to appear on the ballot in New Hampshire, Nevada, Hawaii, North Carolina, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa, and Ohio.

He recently came under fire after comments resurfaced where he compared the Tea Party movement to the Confederacy and said women should be able to get an abortion, "even if it's full-term." 

Nationally, Kennedy is getting 9.6% support in the five-way polling average, according to RealClearPolitics.

Sam Barron ✉
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: RFK wants Black Farmers Only to get 5 Billion in Reparations
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 03:00:40 AM »
More FiretrUCKING pandering for votes!  The SOB won't get it done, EVEN IF he were lucky enough to win the election.  He's just mouthing off to get the black community's vote, and I'll bet most will see right through his lies.

Roger

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 06:50:59 AM »
He's a big pinhead dingleberry of
the first order.
I received one of his campaign
messages some days ago, and
he's one of those anybody can do
whatever they want whenever they
want to types.
Also was talking about reintroducing
large dangerous predators all over
the nation. ( wolves, m. lions, bears)
He strikes me as one of those that
think that animals are on the same
level as humans and that apes are
basically a hairy human. I have relatives
that feel the same way, and they
think that killing an animal is murder.

Shame to see so many delusional people
these days
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 06:54:48 AM »
I guess that since my ancestors had
to struggle to make a living farming
and didn't have whatever more affluent
people had back in the day and during
the depression, that I'm entitled to
some of that "free" gubmint money also
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 09:45:55 AM »
I guess that since my ancestors had
to struggle to make a living farming
and didn't have whatever more affluent
people had back in the day and during
the depression, that I'm entitled to
some of that "free" gubmint money also

...And the same with my parents..who struggled through the depression, and had no "generational wealth" to hand down to me.  My total
   inheritance was an Ithaca shotgun, given me by Dad about 2 years before he died.

Perhaps a brother got more, I don't know, but I had no "generational wealth' handed to me.

Yet, RFK insists that I pay "reparations" for what was done by someone,... no relation of mine, who was a slave owner about 160+ years ago..
      to some possible descendant of a slave of 160+ years ago, ......that doesn't compute with me.

For those who insist that I/we owe some kind of reparations to people who never were slaves, perhaps we should wait for the billions or trillions
   coming from Japan to arrive, beore we pay off..

You know, those reparations owed to our great grandchildren...for what these little girl's grand Daddy, may or may not have done to
  Americans at Pearl Harbor.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 10:05:20 AM »
Kennedy should have known better than to campaign in any way based on skin color, here is the entire article.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/20/us-news/rfk-jr-says-he-would-give-black-farmers-5b-in-reparations-despite-ruling-that-its-unconstitutional/

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2024, 05:03:34 AM »
Didn’t former slaves get 40 acres and a mule? Sounds like reparations to me.

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2024, 05:39:08 AM »
Pandering

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2024, 12:26:42 PM »
I think anyone who has owned a slave should pay reparations to anyone who has been a slave.. 

So what they really want is people who never owned a slave to pay people who have never been slaves.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
Agree Agree x 1 View List