Author Topic: Gun control  (Read 699 times)

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
Gun control
« on: May 23, 2024, 02:25:49 PM »
Texas attorney general Paxton throwing a wrench in unconstitutional biden mandates. Why is this not being discussed???

Offline Mule 11

Re: Gun control
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 12:38:19 PM »
This is concerning ours and our offsprings gun rights. No wonder the unamericans are winning...

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 02:22:23 PM »
A good many here ( seems like mostly
recent arrivals) don't care for the Attorney
General because of the recent attempted
smear campaign ( of which he was absolved)
that some whistle-blowers ( read disgruntled
employees) tried to pin on him.
Many people here now brought their woke
rust belt/silicon valley mindset with them
after running their own area into the dirt.
They would rather have things here just
like "back home " , so the Governor and
most of the conservative state officials
are insignificant to them
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 10:16:45 PM »
Discussed here? Same reason there are few to no posts about guns here, no interest. Most have probably glanced at a headline reading gun show loophole and moved on not realizing this affects them much more than just attending a gun show.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 10:48:26 PM »
believe me ive tried. post something about guns or hunting your lucky to get even one reply.
Discussed here? Same reason there are few to no posts about guns here, no interest. Most have probably glanced at a headline reading gun show loophole and moved on not realizing this affects them much more than just attending a gun show.
blue lives matter

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 02:27:40 AM »
 Just read in The New American, if somebody wants to post it here. House judiciary committee is discussing the defunding and elimination of the ATF. Hope it happens, but see that as a pretty high hurdle. Just like the DOE, 95% or more of what they do, could be done at the local level, much more efficiently. Eliminate the ATF and gun control goes to the local level.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 08:36:34 AM »
https://thenewamerican.com/video/its-time-to-cut-the-fat-defund-disband-the-atf/

Hope this link works................Dettlebach gets torn a new one in front of the judicial committee.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 08:41:57 AM »
IMO all the paths merge into the
reluctance of people in general
to properly punish those PEOPLE
that won't leave other people and
their loved ones and property alone.
For whatever reason, there's a big
streak of embedded guilt in a
lot of people today.
I can understand the purpose of
prison reform etc. when it was
initially instituted, but we've all
seen that rehabilitation is a big
failure. I know a couple of corrections
officers that work for TDCJ with
some pretty dangerous inmates,
and one man that's worked at a
very large county jail facility for years.
I've been told that the majority of
them are regular customers and
usually return to be incarcerated in
less than a year after release.

Sorry, but until we get back to harsh
punishment and execution of those
that need it,  things won't get much
than they are now.

Too much enabling and making excuses
for those that don't deserve or need it.
People that are dangerous and shouldn't
be armed shouldn't be roaming around
willy nilly with law abiding citizens in
the first place. That's the whole thing
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 10:09:04 AM »
https://thenewamerican.com/video/its-time-to-cut-the-fat-defund-disband-the-atf/

Hope this link works................Dettlebach gets torn a new one in front of congress. I was quite surprised anyone in congress actually cares.

Thanks. That link showed more than the video I saw.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 10:19:18 AM »
There is a link to the case against the biden weaponized atf unconstitutional overreach on private sales that was blocked by a federal judge until this anti, unamerican, diaper wearing executive order has been heard in court. A long read btw...

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 10:27:40 AM »
 Gun control isn't about crime control, it's about controlling the people. Crime makes a lot of money for the legal system, it's a revolving door. Judge's and lawyers that are paid by the government keep their jobs. Globalists like Soros funding campaigns for the most liberal/lenient of judge's don't care about what happens in the streets of city's, they've got a security team no doubt, equal to a president. So they want to keep blaming the guns, and not the person that's pulling the trigger.
believe me ive tried. post something about guns or hunting your lucky to get even one reply.
  And to Lloyd and neckisred, not sure of the others, but your preaching to the choir here. Sometimes I need a break from reading thru all the headlines, posts, urgent emails from GOA, Ohio gun Owners, send money, blah-blah-blah!! Blood pressure goes up, time for a cigar and a drink, which I predict will happen pretty soon in my backyard watching the squierrels and rabbits come out for the evening. Helps bring me back to a nicer place! :)
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »
https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2024/03/21/judge-unseals-documents-in-malinowski-case

This link explains the raid mentioned in the above link I posted. There is also a link to the affidavit in this article. It does appear that this individual was illegally purchasing and selling firearms.

The ATF had all the proof they needed to obtain a search warrant and execute it. Was it necessary to bust down his door at 6am?
Worst case of excessive force I have ever seen. Will the ATF be held accountable for this?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 12:20:42 AM »
i went out back yesterday and blasted up a coffee can of 40.s out of my 40 ar pistol. . no computer or cell phone needed. thats stress relief for me. wonder how many here would drive an hour to protest the batf wanting to ban my ar pistols or the binary trigger in it? like you said gypsy its preaching to the choir and for the most part by people who's only concern is the guns they like and would gladly toss someone else under the bus to keep their own. the libs count on that!!
Gun control isn't about crime control, it's about controlling the people. Crime makes a lot of money for the legal system, it's a revolving door. Judge's and lawyers that are paid by the government keep their jobs. Globalists like Soros funding campaigns for the most liberal/lenient of judge's don't care about what happens in the streets of city's, they've got a security team no doubt, equal to a president. So they want to keep blaming the guns, and not the person that's pulling the trigger.
  And to Lloyd and neckisred, not sure of the others, but your preaching to the choir here. Sometimes I need a break from reading thru all the headlines, posts, urgent emails from GOA, Ohio gun Owners, send money, blah-blah-blah!! Blood pressure goes up, time for a cigar and a drink, which I predict will happen pretty soon in my backyard watching the squierrels and rabbits come out for the evening. Helps bring me back to a nicer place! :)
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 01:43:56 AM »
https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2024/03/21/judge-unseals-documents-in-malinowski-case

This link explains the raid mentioned in the above link I posted. There is also a link to the affidavit in this article. It does appear that this individual was illegally purchasing and selling firearms.

The ATF had all the proof they needed to obtain a search warrant and execute it. Was it necessary to bust down his door at 6am?
Worst case of excessive force I have ever seen. Will the ATF be held accountable for this?

Probably not! Nobody was held accountable for Ruby Ridge or Waco!!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 01:45:49 AM »
Not me as I believe that “ we must protect the rights of the few, to preserve the rights of the many “ ... I would like to believe most here think the same and pretty sure they do.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2024, 05:09:12 AM »
same ones that bash the NRA and sit in their recliners doing nothing more than believing. its like the guy who wont vote bitching about how an election turned out
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2024, 05:43:33 AM »

Probably not! Nobody was held accountable for Ruby Ridge or Waco!!

Repugnicans have to energize themselves to go after Demonrat politiician perps, once they regain the ability to do so...

They are too eager to let "bygones be bygones"..  GW should have went after the Klin-tunes for Waco.  But of course, that would have left his
   Daddy open for the killings at Ruby Ridge.  Both dastardly acts !

I woulkd hope that should the Reps regain control..the Mara Lago, NY "hush money" trial, voter fraud and the unconstitutional border neglect;
   would not be swept under the rug.

We also need a Supreme Court reaffirmation of the word "INFRINGED !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 03:36:26 PM »
same ones that bash the NRA and sit in their recliners doing nothing more than believing. its like the guy who wont vote bitching about how an election turned out

I bash the NRA and know that they are NOT what they pretend to be. That said, I do not sit on my arse and do nothing. I support gun rights groups who are doing what the NRA will not do to  protect the 2nd Amendment. I support other second amendment movements like the GOA and RTKBA and others. The ones who do not go along to get along like the NRA does.

If you want to support compromising groups like the NRA, that is your right. I support groups, I feel are more sincere , and that is my right. I may bitch about how an election turned out, but I still do what I can as a citizen to help where I can.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 3 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2024, 11:18:43 PM »
the nra may not be perfect but ask yourself where gun control would be without them being here over the last 30 years. Its like voting. i may not totally agree with everything a candidate says but i pick my best bet and support them. i also support GOA and the michigan coalition. at least your doing something. id bet half here wont part with a penny or wouldnt bother going to a gun rights ralley if it was 50 miles away. but there the ones that are the first to shoot their mouth off.

I bash the NRA and know that they are NOT what they pretend to be. That said, I do not sit on my arse and do nothing. I support gun rights groups who are doing what the NRA will not do to  protect the 2nd Amendment. I support other second amendment movements like the GOA and RTKBA and others. The ones who do not go along to get along like the NRA does.

If you want to support compromising groups like the NRA, that is your right. I support groups, I feel are more sincere , and that is my right. I may bitch about how an election turned out, but I still do what I can as a citizen to help where I can.
blue lives matter

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2024, 04:44:33 AM »
I did a gun control term paper back in the 1980's.  58% back then of gun crime was committed with hand guns, 38 or 39% was with shotguns, and only 3% was with rifles with only 0.5% with so called assault rifles.  The dems keep going after assault rifles, which are used rarely but with bad effects, but day in and day out it is handguns.  Also, if you took out the 5 biggest crime cities in the US, our crime rate would drop to about the lowest in the western world.  Again, most crime is by young black teens and young men, with Hispanics being surprisingly a distant second.  There are more Hispanics in the US than blacks.  Hmm. 

If concentrated effort was given to the root causes, gun crime would drop drastically.  Like more police and patrols, like Miami.  Miami's crime has dropped way down with the new Republican Hispanic mayor.  They love him down there.  Also, more jail time for repeat offenders, etc.

There is too much race baiting and hate spewed out by Dem politicians that really isn't true anymore.  Compare Houston with Chicago.  Houston has about the same percent of blacks, but more Hispanics than Chicago.  Houston has about 700 gun stores with Chicago none.

One of the items in my research was 85% of crime is with stolen guns.  Mostly from vehicles.  So, if you carry, carry it with you, don't leave it in a vehicle unless you have to and find a way to lock it in.  Friend of mine had a Glock 19 stolen from his locked pickup truck while he was at Cracker Barrel, but parked in a dark spot on the side due to being crowded.  They punched a hole with a screwdriver or something under the door lock, and opened the door and found his Glock locked in the now broken console. 
Opelika Portal

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2024, 04:53:04 AM »

Don,t get too upset, just because you post something trhat is important to you, and you get few or no replies.  the same happens to me also..
   ...But you and I are not alone.

Just look for instance, at "Today's News"..each post by somebody who is concerned about the issue..  Just look under
    replies/views , some have hundreds of  "viewers"...but only a couple "replies"..  so assume that some are not moved
     enough to reply..or just have nothing to add.

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?board=156.0  Try it with any given thread...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2024, 04:56:54 AM »

.     Kinda like bashing walls and saying they don't work! Now that is a smart statement? Yeah right.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2024, 06:25:17 AM »
cruising for personal attacks again?? ::)
blue lives matter

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2024, 06:40:07 AM »
Pot calling the kettle black?

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2024, 06:43:08 AM »
Pot calling the kettle black?
.  Good one , about as black as they come!