Author Topic: What Federal Government Agencies should We Eliminate and Why?  (Read 597 times)

Offline Dixie-Dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
For starters, the Education department, give power back to the states.

Then, the Energy department, just leave the Atomic Energy commission to regulate nuclear material.  They haven't solved anything else.

The Welfare Department, this should go back to the states also.

The Justice Department.  I don't see where this is absolutely needed at all. 

Amtrack, if trains were efficient, they would still be operating by private companies.

Social Security, give all the "borrowed" money back and privatize it.  It would make more money over a lifetime of investment. 

IRS, I would eliminate income tax and replace it with tariffs on foreign goods.  If more money is needed maybe a 1% national sales tax.

ATF, not really needed anymore.  Laws are in place regulating alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.  Local people can handle this. 

Anything else.  I sure I only touched on a few.

Opelika Portal

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: What Federal Government Agencies should We Eliminate and Why?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 12:40:53 PM »
I disagree with you on Social Security. There is no real money to return to folks for private investment so I just don't see how that could work. I do sort of agree with not covering folks with it in the future.

Have some cut off date and allow folks to invest their money as they see fit. Sadly most would not/could not and would therefore have absolutely nothing come time to retire.

Folks who currently depend on it for a large part of their income are stuck with it and have no investment to be returned to them for private investment. Anyone who has been drawing it for a few years has already gotten out more than they paid into the system.

Pretty much all the rest I'd agree with dumping in the garbage where they belong.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 06:37:04 PM »
How about just do away with the entire executive branch of guvmint?  The Biden regime has proven that no president and all the dead weight that it entails would be the best thing that could happen right now.  Hire a proven executive, pay him (or her) a good salary and fire him, or her if they mess up.  Next, congress has to go.
Swingem

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024, 11:28:37 PM »
agreed. most young are used to 401k retirements and work place retirement plans are rare today. let them keep their money and invest it as they like. only problem with it is if all the young quit contributing its just a matter of time when they are broke and us who did pay in all of our lives dont get a check. one thing that needs to be done is to look at the criteria for ss disability. theres ex drug addicts 30 year old healthy people claiming ptsd and other bs that gives money to people that could actually work and that have never put a dime into ss. 
I disagree with you on Social Security. There is no real money to return to folks for private investment so I just don't see how that could work. I do sort of agree with not covering folks with it in the future.

Have some cut off date and allow folks to invest their money as they see fit. Sadly most would not/could not and would therefore have absolutely nothing come time to retire.

Folks who currently depend on it for a large part of their income are stuck with it and have no investment to be returned to them for private investment. Anyone who has been drawing it for a few years has already gotten out more than they paid into the system.

Pretty much all the rest I'd agree with dumping in the garbage where they belong.
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 11:36:39 PM »
most of the agencys mentioned to have a purpose. the just need to get out of politics and do that job. what needs to be done is  a complete overhaul of them to end the politics, waste and corruption. what trump needs to do is fire all the high ups he has the power to and let them have a free hand to fire those that waste our money, lie and cheat. USE the fbi, batf ect to get drug dealers and illegals in jail or out of the country instead of using them as a tool for the democrats to overturn the election and the constitution
blue lives matter

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2024, 09:27:04 AM »
I was thinking maybe by law, have people save for retirement, a certain amount of money.  It would all be theirs in the end.  The reason by law or manditory is some people would not save unless you made them.  It could start out like life insurance in case they died young, then switch to retirement monthly checks after retirement. 

At one time in Hong Kong, before the commies took over, the average resident saved 10% of their income for retirement.  Retiree's had more money at retirement than what an average American made with Social Security. 

I would want congress to pass a law stating that no money from one agency could be borrowed for something else.  For instance the Feds at one time took in $400 or $500 billion in gasoline tax, but only have of it got back to the states for actual highway use.  Money was borrowed by other agencies.  Same with Social Security, money was borrowed to pay for Medicare and Medicaid out of Social Security.  Tax money should be earmarked for certain things and nothing else. 
Opelika Portal

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2024, 05:35:13 AM »
 Well, Trump came out and said shut down the DOE. That would be a good start.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2024, 07:23:00 AM »
Well, Trump came out and said shut down the DOE. That would be a good start.

I agree, but don't stop there. The Department Of Homeland Security alone has 240,000 federal workers sucking at the Tax payers teats.
We already had 22 other agencies doing who knows what at the taxpayers expense. Then they come under another worthless Branch created by one of the worst Presidents in American history (Welcome to the NWO) GW Bush...The DHS. How on earth did America make it this far without them? ::)

We have become nothing but cattle for the Federal Government to suck dry, and then do away with. Don't hold your breath waiting on Trump to shut down any department of the Federal Government. The deep state will not allow it. They would let him add another several hundred thousand more to the Fed.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2024, 09:11:19 AM »
All,of them. Start over.