Author Topic: Any of you fellows dealing with Colon Cancer. What have you done.  (Read 485 times)

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
I have been having some problems for some time in the way of urination and ,constipation. Went to the VA and they ran a serious of tests and found cancer. They have given me some options as how we can proceed. At 90 years of age I really do not care for any of them. Do nothing and I have 1 to 3 years do some things and I have 2 to 4..But that is a Guess on their part.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
Re: Any of you fellows dealing with Colon Cancer. What have you done.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 08:55:50 AM »
Jmho
  I believe in modern medicine also strong belief in second opinions

God Bless
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 09:28:18 AM »
No advice.  Just a prayer.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 09:46:52 AM »
Thanks For those of us still believe in God they do work and that has always been my first line of defense all my life each and every day not just when I have a problem.
Deaconllb

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2024, 10:22:20 AM »
I don't have colon cancer but i do have Leukemia. I've made a decision to not treat it and go when it's my time. The type I have which is called CLL is a very slow acting type from what I've been told. So I might have another ten years based only on that.

Of course that isn't all I have going on. I have COPD, high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea and insomnia. I have stage 3 kidney failure and something going on with my liver that I didn't really understand.

So all of them are in there fighting to see which one gets to claim me first.

My younger brother Carl  had colon cancer, they took out about half of his intestines. He never was right again after that and died a young death.

No one can tell another what to do in a fight such as you have. I can only offer you my decision against my own personal battle and that is I'll take it as it comes and am not gonna let them give me chemo or radiation and what I have isn't something that surgery can help.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024, 11:12:50 PM »
praying for you deacon. my dad was found to have prostrate cancer at 87. he refused treatment and died basicaly from old age because his kidneys and liver were failing. doc said it had nothing to do with the cancer so he got 2 good years vs suffering with treatments and dying anyway. to me even at 68 it would be a tough choice unless they could convince me its a cure not just suffering to prolong the inevitable
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2024, 01:10:28 AM »
  My colonic problems come from prostrate cancer radiation.  So today I use 3 different forms of laxitive...so as not to clog up.  Th decision is of course
  yours, and I have already sent prayers winging your way..
   Most things from now on , I will leave completely with my Heavenly father..   Blessings..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2024, 03:18:59 AM »
Thanks for all the advice and prayers. I have had a good life a great and fantastic wife who died several years ago. Wonderful family and children. I just cannot see being burned up with the radiation and camo. Right now I have very little to no pain at all. There are a number of things that I can do in the way of dealing with this cancer like eliminating sugar as that is one of cancers foods that it relies on to survive. There are also some meds that work to a certain extent that do not have bad side affects. In the end every one no matter what will die at a certain time and place in their life. After my wife died I began to put things in order so that when I do die my sons will know my wishes who gets what and so on. Would like to be able to deer hunt this season. I continue to work my container garden to can some things and enjoy life as best as I can.

Deaconllb

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2024, 01:34:22 PM »
Thanks for all the advice and prayers. I have had a good life a great and fantastic wife who died several years ago. Wonderful family and children. I just cannot see being burned up with the radiation and camo. Right now I have very little to no pain at all. There are a number of things that I can do in the way of dealing with this cancer like eliminating sugar as that is one of cancers foods that it relies on to survive. There are also some meds that work to a certain extent that do not have bad side affects. In the end every one no matter what will die at a certain time and place in their life. After my wife died I began to put things in order so that when I do die my sons will know my wishes who gets what and so on. Would like to be able to deer hunt this season. I continue to work my container garden to can some things and enjoy life as best as I can.

Deaconllb

I'm about where you ate Deacon.  It was seven years ago this past May 21, that my blessed, incomparable (to me) wife, went home to be with
    our Lord.
  I am seeing all my offspring, down through my great grandchildren, closely following the Lord and doing well financially..so I am overtly grateful.

My major concern ios if the lord should tarry, I wonder just what world they will live in.  I expect to be around at least this full year and
     hope to see some good things happen..

Then again, if things go even more sour..perhaps we can expect a soon return of the Messiah.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2024, 12:15:06 AM »
Praying for you Deacon.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List