Author Topic: Obama Fails to Endorse Harris, Wants Open Convention  (Read 324 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Obama Fails to Endorse Harris, Wants Open Convention
« on: July 21, 2024, 11:06:26 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/barack-obama-statement-joe-biden/2024/07/21/id/1173449/

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Sunday, 21 July 2024 04:39 PM EDT

Former President Barack Obama, in a statement Sunday praising President Joe Biden for his decision to leave his reelection race, did not endorse Vice President Kamala Harris' candidacy, instead calling for an open convention to decide on a new nominee.

"We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead," Obama said in his statement on Medium. "But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges."

He added that Biden's "vision of a generous, prosperous, and united America that provides opportunity for everyone will be on full display at the Democratic Convention in August."

"I expect that every single one of us are prepared to carry that message of hope and progress forward into November and beyond," Obama, who Biden served under for two terms as vice president, said.

Obama did not endorse any successors to Biden, who he called "one of America's most consequential presidents, as well as a dear friend and partner to me. Today, we've also been reminded  —  again  —  that he's a patriot of the highest order."

Last week, Obama reportedly told allies that he did not believe Biden could defeat Republican nominee Donald Trump in November, following issues that were on display in their only presidential debate in June.

He did not comment on those reports in his statement Sunday, but did talk about Biden's decision, saying that the president's "outstanding track record" gave him "every right to run for re-election and finish the job he started."

"Joe understands better than anyone the stakes in this election  —  how everything he has fought for throughout his life, and everything that the Democratic Party stands for, will be at risk if we allow Donald Trump back in the White House and give Republicans control of Congress," said Obama.

But he also said that Biden "has never backed down from a fight," and for him to decide to pass the torch to a new nominee "is surely one of the toughest in his life."

However, Obama added that it is a "testament" to Biden's love of the United States.

"I know he wouldn't make this decision unless he believed it was right for America," said Obama. "[It's] a historic example of a genuine public servant once again putting the interests of the American people ahead of his own that future generations of leaders will do well to follow."

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama Fails to Endorse Harris, Wants Open Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 12:47:28 PM »
2 things 1. I thought obummer wasn’t pulling sniffy’s strings and 2. What a load of horse sh.t.

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 12:55:06 PM »
 Obama knows, at this point, the only thing the Democrats can do, is sling mud against the wall, and hope something sticks.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 01:15:36 PM »
This is good....no unity in the democrat party.  That means there's a good chance it'll be every man for himself.  Nothing like C.H.A.O.S. to tip the pot over.

Roger

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 01:20:27 PM »
Hmmmmm.....here's an interesting video I just now stumbled across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEY3lh51hI

Roger
Creative Creative x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 05:47:15 PM »
Interesting!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2024, 03:07:10 AM »
2 things 1. I thought obummer wasn’t pulling sniffy’s strings and 2. What a load of horse sh.t.

He isn't in charge but he may be the one who is acting as an intermediary between those who are in charge and Biden.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2024, 04:07:55 AM »
Never underestimate the Dems.  They will nominate someone, rally behind them, cheat, have another Covid or disease threat, or even try to kill Trump again.  I do not trust the modern democratic party one milimeter to try anything to defeat Trump.  Trump now knows who in the deep state he is up against, and if he is elected, there will be a lot of people fired and replaced, or complete governmental departments done away with.  Then massive hiring for the border patrol.  He will get rid of the alphabet sexual perverts in the military by forcing early retirements like Obama did and replace them with traditional officers and the low numbers of recruits will rise again with more conservative kids joining the military.  This is the fear of the democrat deep state. 
Opelika Portal

Offline scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 12:38:26 PM »
I’d like to see an open convention, also, just to watch the show. Those commies will be fighting like hogs over a corncob.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2024, 12:09:50 AM »
it isnt happening. the crooked election fixers already got enough electoral support for harris and nobody can now beat her. i think this was all arranged by pelosi and obama months ago. obama didnt give her his public endorsement because it wouldshow even more that hes been running this country for the last 4 years and will continue to ifharris wins.
I’d like to see an open convention, also, just to watch the show. Those commies will be fighting like hogs over a corncob.
blue lives matter

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2024, 02:34:17 AM »
  YEP, mentioned in a different post, the convention is in Chicago next month. If it turns out like the one they had there in 1968, ought to be real interesting!! Popcorn and a couple beers, I'd even turn to CNN for a couple minute's just to see how they cover that up!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2024, 08:42:24 AM »
Saw a headline today saying he has now endorsed Kamaltoe.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2024, 09:32:56 AM »
Saw a headline today saying he has now endorsed Kamaltoe.

He has endorsed the chamelon...so either thr demonrats have given up on this election, or they have many more sneaky tricks to play..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline DDZ

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2024, 02:39:07 PM »
Oh they have lots of cheating planned. If Trump is still living in November. Cackling Kamala will win the election. Or whatever other Marxist they may appoint.  These people will do anything to assassinate Trump, and if they don't do that the vote will be changed enough for them to stay in power. they stole the election in 2020, and not a damn thing was done about it, because most of the republicans don't want to see Trump elected either. Not many laws were changed to stop it from happening again.  Many don't realize how evil these people are. Also if anyone thinks a loser 20 year old just happened to be able to climb on a big roof and get 8 shots off at Trump is pretty naive.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 2 View List