Author Topic: easiest back operation yet  (Read 266 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
easiest back operation yet
« on: August 05, 2024, 09:08:35 PM »
came out of the fusion with less pain in recovery than i did going in. only narcotics i took was what they gave me in recovery. even let me go home and said that was the first time ever for a fusion operation. difference was they went through my side vs my back. if you ever need a fusion ask you doc about going in the side. couple Tylenol last night and  dont even need that this morning. typically i spend the night in the hospital doped up a take maybe a half dozen at home. did i tell you i HATE narcotics. mostly do to how badly constipated they make me
blue lives matter

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: easiest back operation yet
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 10:16:11 PM »
Lloyd, you needed a break. Now go shoot something, maybe.  Or make some handloads.  Or just do something repetitious and therapeutic.  Get stronger every day - a little bit at a time.  The struggle is REAL.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 11:16:12 PM »
the damage was done in the early 70s and there hasnt really been a day without some pain or soreness. now add a very physical job i worked and old age and for the last 9 years its been at least one operation a year, couple with 2 ans one with 3. one thing is about certain when it gets so bad they have to fuse its just a matter of time before the next level blows. doc said i have one more time he can fuse and leave me able to bend. after that its stabilizing the back from the neck down. then he said do all you can to make it last because the neck is a totally different animal 
Lloyd, you needed a break. Now go shoot something, maybe.  Or make some handloads.  Or just do something repetitious and therapeutic.  Get stronger every day - a little bit at a time.  The struggle is REAL.
blue lives matter

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 11:36:24 PM »
Praise the Lord it went well.

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 08:52:55 AM »
 Great News