Author Topic: sold my harley  (Read 77 times)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
sold my harley
« on: August 31, 2024, 12:39:33 AM »
son in law has been pestering me to sell (might as well say give it to him) it to him and just having had back surgery riding it anymore this year isnt going to happen. maybe now if i cry enough the wife will let me buy one next year.
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: sold my harley
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 01:29:27 AM »
  I think many of usknow by now, that selling something to or making a loan to a grandchild or close young family member...you may just end up
   kissing those funds goodbye.
  I don't loan without realizing I may see only part or none of those funds back..   :D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2024, 01:52:59 AM »
ya he got it for a 1/3 of what i could have got on trade. i have more into the accessory's i added to it than what he paid.
  I think many of usknow by now, that selling something to or making a loan to a grandchild or close young family member...you may just end up
   kissing those funds goodbye.
  I don't loan without realizing I may see only part or none of those funds back..   :D ;D
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 01:56:24 AM »
.. But it is all good, if it cements family relationships.   I just gave my scooter to my grandaughter and her husband..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 05:07:03 AM »
ya and i know where it is so i can ride if i get to the point i can. it also opens up next year for a replacement
blue lives matter