Author Topic: Debate  (Read 650 times)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Debate
« on: September 10, 2024, 12:10:59 PM »
I do not own a TV.
Please recommend an online way that I may see the debate.

Online scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Debate
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 12:17:03 PM »
You might try the Fox News app They’ll probably run it. I’m waiting for the Cliff Notes version myself

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2024, 12:30:28 PM »
News Max says they will air it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 01:46:22 PM »
I've got a TV. Come over. It would be nice to receive you. We can watch tonight's drubbing together...hehe.

LO

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2024, 04:48:26 PM »
Trump did not lose but he could have done better if he had spent as much time on the question as repeating same old, same old.

Trump fell for her baiting.

Questioners were fairly unbiased.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2024, 04:57:25 PM »
  He blew it.. She got him angry and got him bragging, two things he should have avoided.

Sure, you and I could see through the facade..that she really didn't say much, other than to make promises, which I doubt she  has any
     intention keeping.

..But the audience that had to be won over were the "moderates" in the middle..  Next question; are those moderates fact or "feelings" driven..
   are they well informed, and fair & balanced..in their knowledge of issues?

I have doubts that he gained much...while she may have carved off some of the low information voters!  Having logic on your side is great, but
    there are too many out there who deal primarily through "feelings'..

The questioners also blew it IMO...  Aftre just a few minutes, they disregarded the "closed mic" promise, and  with what we know about her
     speaking ability..I'm guessing she was given advanced explanation of the questions to be asked.

It appears that she was well prepared with a long speech in answer to some questions..  She didn't say much of any consequence, but rattled on
     for some time.
     DG...you didn't miss much..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2024, 05:15:51 PM »
Very disappointing. Sounded like two grade school kids going at it. Trump blew a chance to nail it, and let her get him pizzed and rattled.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2024, 05:21:02 PM »
Harris - pie in the sky, Unicorn farts, and Fairy dust.

Trump - Fact after fact exposing the Harris lies and abject failures. Why did she not do over these past 3.5 years what she now promises to do over the next four? Too much water under that bridge.

And what do we have for the Loser Johnny?  No ice cream Kamala. Nobody's minds were changed.

Male Moderator - BIASED against Trump

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2024, 05:31:51 PM »
Harris - pie in the sky, Unicorn farts, and Fairy dust.   True

Trump - Fact after fact exposing the Harris lies and abject failures. Why did she not do over these past 3.5 years what she now promises to do over the next four? Too much water under that bridge. 

Facts yes, but all we on the logic side, already are aware of these truths.  However, the touchy/feelie portion of the center, may not
     hear the facts, so much as the anger.

And what do we have for the Loser Johnny?  No ice cream Kamala. Nobody's minds were changed.

Male Moderator - BIASED against Trump   Very much so !  For fairness, why not have the opposing parties ask opn another questions?
  That way, we can be assured, nobody gets an advanced copy of the questions....and they can be left to answer on their own..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2024, 01:21:16 AM »
Very disappointing. Sounded like two grade school kids going at it. Trump blew a chance to nail it, and let her get him pizzed and rattled.

^^^THIS^^^  He had a chance to eliminate her..but allowed his ego to rule..
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline moamonkey

• Contributor
  • 478-737-7622
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2024, 02:51:34 AM »
Why always in ‘their’ backyard? Why can’t they find a neutral venue, select a couple of professional, respectable and unbiased moderators and give the country what it deserves?  It’s always a carnival with people left fighting about how this or that candidate was treated. Ask a question and let the candidate build or bury themselves with their ‘own’ mind (or lack thereof).

Offline DDZ

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2024, 03:00:13 AM »
Trump is not a politician. He has always been a matter of fact person, and tells it like it is. Trump didn't lose the debate, but of course if you listen to any of the news media outlets they will tell you he did. The debate was actually 3 against one. I would hope that anyone watching it could see that. I thought Trump did a good job at clarifying the truth after Kamala lobed lie after lie at him. I also didn't see where Trump lost his cool. He was the Trump he always has been. I guess people want to see a softer Trump, maybe a politician type Trump. Well that isn't Trump. Trump tells it like it is. Always has, and always will, and thats one thing I and many others like about him. 
Also how did Kamala go from not being barely able to put a sentence together for how many years, to someone that could talk? I think she probably had an ear piece is.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2024, 03:21:19 AM »
Trump is not a politician. He has always been a matter of fact person, and tells it like it is. Trump didn't lose the debate, but of course if you listen to any of the news media outlets they will tell you he did. The debate was actually 3 against one. I would hope that anyone watching it could see that. I thought Trump did a good job at clarifying the truth after Kamala lobed lie after lie at him. I also didn't see where Trump lost his cool. He was the Trump he always has been. I guess people want to see a softer Trump, maybe a politician type Trump. Well that isn't Trump. Trump tells it like it is. Always has, and always will, and thats one thing I and many others like about him. 
Also how did Kamala go from not being barely able to put a sentence together for how many years, to someone that could talk? I think she probably had an ear piece is.

While what you said is technically true, being as he had facts on his side, but we must keep in mind , the debates are not so much for the serius
 thinking people right now..

Such a debate is for the undecided, who are often only looking at it as a competitive acting performance.

To wit...How often have we seen a debate totally flipped by one simple comment or one "gotcha" question ?

They are looking for just such a moment...more emotion again..  Think how some were put off Mike Pence during the 2020 debates, simply by
  the Kamel saying.. "excuse me, I'm speaking"..

Yes ABC was crooked as a dog's hind leg..but Trump should have been ready for that.  Yes, he has much to bragf about...but the fence sitters don't
  want to hear him do it !

That wimpy male "moderator' was a disgrace..  He "fact checked"several Trump statements, but never questioned several gross Harris lies.

Instead of trying to lecture Harris on the real truth, he should have used the time to point out the Biden admin failures, more specifically the
    failures of the "border czar', and the criminals and drugs flooding in. 

He should have pointed out that even today, in Tampon Tim's Minnesota, they atre leaving live babies to die.

For a general audience, he shouild have dwelt more on the mutilation of children and the Kamel's support for Hamas.

..But no question, a fair play network would have been more honest than ABC..  Still her needling worked..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2024, 03:27:28 AM »
I also think she had the questions prior to the debate. That was not the Kamala we have seen for the last 3 and a half years.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline darkgael

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2024, 05:49:32 AM »
I found a channel online. I fell asleep before 10pm.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2024, 05:54:19 AM »
I also think she had the questions prior to the debate. That was not the Kamala we have seen for the last 3 and a half years.
That is classic. She spoke well (evidently. I missed most of it). Because she spoke well, she must have cheated.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2024, 06:29:03 AM »
Maybe a visit to wnd.com and article by Bob Unruh titled “ serial lies and distortions ‘: Network stung for letting Kamala Harris get away with lying, is in order... also in this article is a video by Robert Kennedy jr a career democrat (until now) and his take on Chameleon Harris. Whilst there don’t miss watching the Doors parody song :)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2024, 06:43:37 AM »
That is classic. She spoke well (evidently. I missed most of it). Because she spoke well, she must have cheated.

Do you feel that was the same Kamala last night, as the Kamala we saw the last three and a half years, when she had to speak freely?   

Offline DDZ

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2024, 06:56:53 AM »
Would we feel better if Trump would have lied, to make the audience feel all warm and fuzzy, about his debate? Trump didn't have to lie, because the truth itself criticizes Kamala, and her part in the Biden administration.  Everything Kamala said was a lie. She lied about the facts, she lied about Trump, and she lied about her policies. When she wasn’t lying about her policies, she was slithered away from them so the public wouldn’t see the truth.
Then,  Trump had to decide on the fly what to say. Do I protect my integrity? Do I challenge her lies? Do I just state my position?
That’s easy to do from the comfort of a living room chair. That’s hard to do when you are on the world stage with a one-minute clock ticking. And yes, Trump is Trump, so he’ll defend his honor first. That’s how he’s wired. And then he restated his position. When you’re under the gun, you make your choices.
And then, instead of a dishonest judge, Trump faced two, dishonest ABC hacks who attacked him with lies, asked him loaded questions that didn’t matter to most voters, and smothered Kamala with kisses. It was, a three-on-one pile-on, not a moderated debate.

Here is what I think is a good and truthful article.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/09/trump_won_that_debate_against_kamala_with_passion_and_humor.html

Offline darkgael

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2024, 09:37:51 AM »
I will read the article. I promise. I do know that Mr. Trump stated two things that were not true. One was the babies being killed after birth and the other was the comment about migrants eating people’s pets. I do not know about Harris.
I understand that I am biased.I did not like or trust him when he was a young man and he has done nothing in the last 60 years to earn my trust. He prone to name calling, to wild undocumented accusations and blatant untruths.
His comment about how people all over the world love him is just not so. I have travelled extensively in Europe. Anyone that I have met has expressed wonderment as to how he managed to get elected and how he continues to be popular. Euopeans think he is a clown.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2024, 10:10:20 AM »
They are looking for just such a moment...more emotion again..  Think how some were put off Mike Pence during the 2020 debates, simply by
  the Kamel saying.. "excuse me, I'm speaking"..

Trump managed to get in two of those exact same zingers on her. I laughed my ass off at her reaction to having her same line used on her when the mics were supposed to be turned off but weren't.

darkgael, Sorry to bust your bubble but there are a few states in which doctors are NOT required to try to save a baby that comes out alive and they can and do let them die on the table.

In many parts of the world folks do in fact eat dogs and cats and even as a preferred food in some. You think those folks who are here illegally don't do it here as well? If so you are rather naive.

Get outside your little social circle of educators sometime. You'll find folks outside that circle don't think or act like those of you in it. Yes I did for many years have a number of friends who were educators, I've even put in some time at the podium teaching myself. Sadly all of those old friends of mine are now dead, I outlived them all. But then being two days older than dirt I've outlived a lot of folks I used to know.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2024, 11:09:57 AM »
Someone on CNN fact checked Kamala, they said she lied 17 times in the first 4.5 minutes.  Trump when really checked, did not lie. 
Opelika Portal

Offline darkgael

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2024, 12:14:29 PM »
A few states…..ok, which?
Agreed that there are places where cats and dogs are used for food. That is not the issue. Are  migrants in Ohio stealing people’s pets for food?
Circle of educators?.  I got out of that circle 22 years ago. I have not talked to any of them since. The folk that I talk to about these things are you guys.
 I am pretty old myself at 77.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2024, 12:36:35 PM »
Trump fact checked by moderators on air----5
cackles fact checked by moderators on air---0
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2024, 12:49:40 PM »
A few states…..ok, which?

Two that have been in the news in this regard when their governors said it was OK is Virginia under former not current governor and Minnesota where the current VP candidate said it.

Now is it state law? I dunno, but both governors went on TV and said it. JD Vance said it was truthful in some states without saying which. No that doesn't  make it factual.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline darkgael

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2024, 01:15:58 PM »
Thank you. I appreciate your response,

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2024, 03:33:45 PM »
Going into the debate Giggles only had to resist making stupid airhead statements that she had become known for.  For that she made points.  Well, I should say she made points with her know nothing stooges.  Anyway I concede that she was well coached. 

Donald Trump was Donald Trump and as such Commie Harris knew his position on all the issues.  So the end result is that those who are easily fooled and even easier impressed will think Harris is their gal.  Another way to assess the debate is that those who were swayed to Harris were really going to vote for her anyway, but now they can feel better about it.

For Donald Trump this might be what the doctor ordered--a top to bottom review of where this country is and how he can try to get us on track.
Swingem

Offline darkgael

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2024, 02:36:10 AM »
“ Another way to assess the debate is that those who were swayed to Harris were really going to vote for her anyway, but now they can feel better about it.”  Nicely said.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2024, 03:36:42 AM »
  I think perhaps we were all surprised how, the Kamel lied and the moderators seemed to agree with her, that there was no "immigrant problem" in
   Springfield, Ohio..
  Try dumping 20, 000 homeless, uncultured people into a town of 60,000...and what could anyone expect?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cant-take-it-anymore-residents-springfield-ohio-beg-help-after-20000-haitians-overwhelm

Just for a mental exercize..how do you think a lifelong Springfield resident feels, when he sees this dude walking home from the pond in their town park?

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2024, 03:47:06 AM »
Trump had to debate 3 people, not Comrade Kamala.  She told a bunch of woppers about Trump.  Trump told the truth. 

So what Kamala suggests for the country sounds like a moderate, so why isn't her party doing it now?  We all know how Trump had the economy booming before Covid. 
Opelika Portal