Author Topic: How unfair !  (Read 92 times)

gene_225 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
How unfair !
« on: September 20, 2024, 05:36:33 AM »
  Here, the Hezbollah complains how "unfair" the Mossad is..  Nice to know the Hezbollah always fight under the "Marquess of Queensbury"  rules...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQwvdXoE7w&t=3s

Now it has gone from pagers to walkie/talkies and some say even cell phones and automobiles..

This has to be the greatest exmple of asymetrical warfare, since the Trojan Horse...prove me wrong.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: How unfair !
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2024, 10:08:15 AM »
Reminds me of 3x charges of fast burning powder in 9mm and 45 ACP cases "accidentally" dropped on the roadside and parking lots for the purpose of disarming (pun intended) punks and thieves.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2024, 10:40:36 AM »
Reminds me of 3x charges of fast burning powder in 9mm and 45 ACP cases "accidentally" dropped on the roadside and parking lots for the purpose of disarming (pun intended) punks and thieves.

Hey; now that is a sterling idea....but perhaps they could label those rounds."duplex load, do not use".  That way any normal person would be
   warned while the average gang-banger either couldn't read it..or would  still be puzzling over the term "duplex" as he does his next drive by....

I have to hand it to the Mossad however..they did a splendid job of ridding the scene of the worst actors, while still minimising collateral damage...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2024, 05:08:44 PM »
If I was a betting man, I would bet that there will be some similar electronics that will show up here in the USA. I think I'll stick with the old flip phone I've had for years and not buy any new equipment for a really long time. A word to the wise...

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2024, 07:02:26 PM »
. . .I think I'll stick with the old flip phone I've had for years . .

I still have one and was satisfied with it, but the
"network" or whatever wouldn't allow it to work
anymore, and one day it just stopped working
and I couldn't receive or send a call.
No malfunction or defects with it, just
whoever changed the policy/rules/operations
and it wouldn't function and had to be replaced.
That's a small part of what happens when
you put too much of your infrastructure
in the care of electronic technology
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:19:52 AM »

Admittedly, being an old man I really don't grasp the entire cell phone mess. Some time ago I had a "Jitterbug' flip phone, and I liked it, however Verizon suddenly stopped serving them for some reason.  So I got another phone, I believe by LG..which I did not care for at all.

Now the old Jitterbug is re-introduced.. called Jitterbug flip 2..  I got one and like it, although I don't use all the services.  THere is some kind of a
  deal going for reinbursement for the original Jitterbug owners...which I don't understand, or care about.
   Extras I do use.. Alexa is already on the phone..and provision for a help line...in case I fall in a crevasse on a glacier.. :D ;D

My son and his wife, both have the costly cell phones (about $1500) because of my son's business, but they are having connection problems..even after changing phones and servers..  I don't understand it all, but they are presently very vexed with the cell phone situation.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:15:36 AM »

Admittedly, being an old man I really don't grasp the entire cell phone mess. Some time ago I had a "Jitterbug' flip phone, and I liked it, however Verizon suddenly stopped serving them for some reason.  So I got another phone, I believe by LG..which I did not care for at all.

Now the old Jitterbug is re-introduced.. called Jitterbug flip 2..  I got one and like it, although I don't use all the services.  THere is some kind of a
  deal going for reinbursement for the original Jitterbug owners...which I don't understand, or care about.
   Extras I do use.. Alexa is already on the phone..and provision for a help line...in case I fall in a crevasse on a glacier.. :D ;D

My son and his wife, both have the costly cell phones (about $1500) because of my son's business, but they are having connection problems..even after changing phones and servers..  I don't understand it all, but they are presently very vexed with the cell phone situation.

Just don't ask Alexa who to vote for.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:34:36 PM »
I want a Tesla phone ($400 with technological innovations hands down better than any other phone), but not the Starlink WiFi (Roam Unlimited $165/month). I may acquese though. I am on the fence.