Author Topic: P-11 Kel-Tec  (Read 566 times)

Offline MnMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
P-11 Kel-Tec
« on: March 27, 2004, 06:34:17 PM »
I am not a fan of inaccurate  pistols. This is why I was unhappy to spend the cash for a small gun to carry on my land. On the other hand I was not happy to drag around my long slide 10MM or  any of my contenders. I looked at a bunch of  guns and bought a Kel-Tec P-11 (9MM). It was fairly cheap.

I was happy to find that it was fairly accurate (once I learned the bad trigger). It seems to shoot about 1.5" at 50 feet (with Federal Premium 147 gr.) and will handle about any ammo I give it.

Just my opinion

mike :D
Mike Ellestad

Offline long colt lawrence

P-11 Kel-Tec
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 11:42:01 AM »
Howdy Mike,

I've had a P-11 for a while now. I like it, it digests anything I put in it and as long as I don't use it for sillouette it shoots just fine. I bought the belt clip for it so I don't use a holster (being kinda thin myself, I need to slim down the profile as much as possible) One thing I have noticed though.... when carrying, sometimes the magazine ejector button gets pushed on by my body and the magazine pops out about 1/8" of an inch. I'm sure this would lead to a malfunction in time of need so I plan to reduce the button profile a little.  Just a heads up. Enjoy.

Offline MnMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
P-11 Kel-Tec
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »
I did do that. I like to remove sharp edges whenever possible and the magazine release was kind of klunky. I sanded the edges down and polished them. Still easy to release the magazine, but less apt to get pressed by things or catch my hand in shooting it.

MnMike
Mike Ellestad