Author Topic: Lachmiller molds  (Read 728 times)

Offline RayO

• Trade Count: (1)
Lachmiller molds
« on: March 28, 2004, 06:08:58 AM »
Yesterdy,I bought two of these molds at a gun show.Both are 30 caliber,one being RN similar to 311291 and the other a pointed version.I know this company has been out of business for quite awhile.Does anyone have any experience with  these molds?They look very good visually being new in box.I've used other Lachmiller products and they are very good quality.Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline hubbard

• Trade Count: (0)
Lachmiller molds
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 03:18:53 PM »
i ran up on 2 lachmiller molds in 38 cal.,one a gas check and the other a flat base. i've had nothing but good luck with them. they don't have vent lines cut in the block faces but seem to fill out ok.

Offline RayO

Lachmiller molds
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 05:03:20 PM »
Thanks for your input.

Offline John Traveler

Lachmiller molds
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 05:58:54 AM »
RayO,

I've owned and used for more than 30 years the Lachmiller mold that drops a RN gas checked bullet similar to the Lyman 311291.

I consider it to be fully equal to the Lyman product, and it shoots as well as the bullets from several of my friends that use the Lyman mold.

John
John Traveler

Offline RayO

Lachmiller molds
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:16:29 AM »
John,                                                                                                    Thanks for the information on the mold. I was hoping to hear something like that.      
                 RayO

Offline Lee S. Forsberg

• Avid Poster
Re: Lachmiller molds
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 06:29:34 PM »
Quote from: RayO
Yesterdy,I bought two of these molds at a gun show.Both are 30 caliber,one being RN similar to 311291 and the other a pointed version.I know this company has been out of business for quite awhile.Does anyone have any experience with  these molds?They look very good visually being new in box.I've used other Lachmiller products and they are very good quality.Any comments would be appreciated.

I have two Lachmiller molds one three cavity 30 carbine SP,GC and a three cavity 124 grain 9MM mold PB. Very good molds would like to have more if I could find them.
LSF/375