Author Topic: About Cuts  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
About Cuts
« on: January 06, 2003, 10:00:01 AM »
Howdy Gang,

What's to say about me? I'm a 50+ Law Dawg who got started in the "business" a bit later in life than most officers, Been doing it since 82.  Before getting into Law Enforcement I did about anything I could think of to put bread on the table, been a foundryman, lumber jack, soldier, farm and ranch hand, mechanic, gas station attendant, fence builder, painter, roofer, ditch digger, and the dumb end of an idiot stick!

I hunt whitetail deer here in the Midwest and really enjoy doing it with muzzleloaders and handguns. (I don't hunt small game anymore, jist don' have the time) I also like turkey huntin with my muzzleloading scattergun.

Been shootin front stuffers since I wuz a younker and they will always be my first love, when it comes to firearms. I also love to build them from scratch!!! I've been into buckskinning since back in the early 70s, but it's kind of died out in my neck of the woods. But I still compete in matches whenever I have the chance.

A couple of years ago I discovered Cowboy Action Shooting and have been heavily involved in that since I found it! And, of course, I shoot Darksider! 8)  Nuthin but black powder goes through my irons! 8)

I'm a member of  NRA, JPFO, SASS, B.O.L.D. (Benevolant Order of Law Dawgs), SCORRS (Society of Remington Revolver Shooters), and The Zen Shootists http://www.zenshootists.com/ . I also sit on the boards of two area gun clubs. And I love to write! I've had articals in The Cowboy Chronical and a couple of major midwest newspapers. (I'm VERY active politically in our fight for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms!)

The name "Cuts Crooked"? Nope! Yer not gonna learn how I got that! :twisted:
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
About Cuts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 01:10:37 PM »
Good to hear from you Cuts Crooked... Last time I cut crooked I ended up in the ER... twice! Once when I let an arrow head slip, and the last time when I let my boneing knife slip... It did a great job though... cut right to the bone, just like it was supposed to... :eek:  :)  I'm not accident prone, but.... they put my name on a box of stitches in the ER... Hmmmm
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
About Cuts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 02:15:49 AM »
:D  Howdy Cuts!!  :-D

Looking forward to gittin' ta shoot with ya sometime!
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt