Author Topic: Star Bullets  (Read 561 times)

Offline Gunruner

• Trade Count: (0)
Star Bullets
« on: April 03, 2004, 06:43:23 AM »
I purchased a box (250) of Cowboy .45 Colt 255gr RNFP bullets made by a company called Star in IN.  These do not have a lube groove and appear to be tumble lubed in a dirty grey substance.  I was real surprised to find that they do not lead the barrel in either a new Uberti or new Ruger Blackhawk revolvers.  I keep the speed in the Uberti below 825fps and the Ruger under 925fps.  I have had bad experiences with improper lubed bullets in the past leading at even these low velocities.  Bullets seem to be softer than #2 alloy.  I haven't contacted this company.  Has anyone else used this companies bullets or know what this substance is they use?  Great accuracy and no lead at all to remove afer 250 rounds!.........................Thanks, Mike
"Ignor your Rights and they will go away"

Offline Questor

Star Bullets
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 09:28:41 AM »
STAR makes some of the best bullets available, and are the choice of many competitors in precision shooting games.
Safety first

Offline LAH

• Contributor
Star Bullets
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 02:29:48 PM »
We buy their bullets in bulk, especially the 45-230-RN-FMJ. We load these for the locals. No problems.
Joshua 1:9

Offline Leftoverdj

Star Bullets
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »
Dirty gray, kinda waxy/soapy feel to it? Much like the lube on some lead .22s?

Sounds like they may be using Rooster Jacket.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Star Bullets
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 03:14:10 AM »
Do they have a web-site?????  Thanks.  Mikey.

Offline Leftoverdj

Star Bullets
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 05:26:45 AM »
Rooster does not have a website. Here's the contact info:

Rooster Laboratories
PO Box 414605
KC, Mo  64141
816 474 1622

$25 bought me a half gallon shipped to me. My rough guess is that will do 50,000 bullets. Only takes about a tablespoon to do  500-600.

It won't do high velocity rifle loads the way Liquid Alox will, but it works fine for normal pistol loads. I've been on a rifle binge since I got the stuff and found that it works to 1300 fps and maybe a little beyond in carbine barrels. Shot a few hundred .38 Special WC loads through a carbine and was getting 50 yard groups at or just over 1" so accuracy is OK.

This ain't a general purpose lube, but it's a mighty good one for high volume target pistol shooters.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.