Author Topic: shipping shotgun back for new barrel  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Hambone

• Trade Count: (0)
shipping shotgun back for new barrel
« on: April 03, 2004, 09:43:52 AM »
Hi I'm new to shooting H&R shotguns. I want to send my Topper back to get a couple of barrels added.  Do I need to ship it back in its original box which I do not have as I bought it used.  Or can I just pack the receiver and fore arm in any box that will fit it ?

Ham

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 09:47:35 AM »
Any box that will fit, cushion it well, tape it with strong tape and include the receiver w/stock and forearm. I would suggest USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation, cheapest way to go and be sure when it gets there...Good Luck....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 10:47:06 AM »
and when H&R returns the gun to you they will send it back in a nice full length shotgun box that you can save in case you plan on buying other barrels for that gun...BTW, which barrels are you going to add?
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Hambone

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 05:18:04 PM »
Well it's already got a 26 " 20 ga Mod  barrel on it. I'm sending away for a 28" 16 ga full choke and a 24" 20 ga fully rifled barrel.

Thanks for the info.

Ham

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 05:27:54 AM »
Are you gettingthe tracker barrel or the ultra barrel? Sounds like you'll have a nice combo when you're done.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Hambone

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 12:12:13 PM »
I'm getting the traker II barrel

Offline Hambone

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 01:34:30 PM »
Thanks for all the info, I sent the gun in yesterday .....Can't wait to get it back.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 02:48:41 PM »
Make sure you get the FREE trigger job also, sure makes a difference. They will bring it down to about 3 - 3.5 lbs.  If you did not ask for it when you sent your receiver in just call and ask them to add it when you get your card from them stating that they have received your gun....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Hambone

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 10:55:55 AM »
Thanks I will do that as soon as I get the card.   So I just ask them and they will do it for free ??????

Hambone.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 11:47:56 AM »
Thats right hambone, for free!! If you think your trigger is to heavy or to rough just ask them to take it down in weight and smooth it up while it's in for a new barrel or service they will do the trigger for free. Of course if it's a shotgun used strictly for wingshooting you would not want as light a trigger as you would for a rifle for long range accurate work. Each of those situations take a different style of trigger use, "slap" a shotgun trigger and "squeeze" a target trigger....<><.... :grin:

Offline Hambone

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 10:37:58 AM »
Well I'll have three barrells for it two smooth bore and one rifled barrell.
What do you think I should do with the trigger?

Hambone

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 11:20:46 AM »
Well hambone I think it all depends if you were pleased with the trigger before. If it was real heavy I would say ask them to lighten it up, perhaps asking them to bring it down to about 4 pounds and it would be good for both. Some of these guns come through (newer ones are better but some old ones were horrid!!) with VERY heavy triggers. I personally think almost all can use a trigger job, my vote is ask them to lighten it to between 3.5 and 4 pounds...Best of luck....<><.... :grin:

Offline Hambone

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 10:55:10 AM »
Ok the gun got there last Wednesday and I still have not gotten a post card saying that they have received it yet.  Is this normal ?

Worried
Hambone

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 11:05:30 AM »
Yup, I usually recieve mine about a week after the guns been returned to me... Don't worry Hambone, you know  your gun is got there, Right...MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Hambone

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 11:15:17 AM »
Yes UPS delivered it Last Wednesday.  Thanks for the reassurance.

Hambone

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 11:28:32 AM »
Hambone, I got a note saying they received my gun about 10 days after they got it. Why don't you call them tomorrow and ask for the trigger job. They have been quick on turn-around time lately and as long as it is there you do not need their note. It only tells you they have it and when they got it, you already know that....<><.... :grin: