Author Topic: Mitchell stainless steel Luger  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Mitchell stainless steel Luger
« on: April 14, 2004, 07:32:05 AM »
Recently got one as a gift. It was second hand and fired very little but in the box, drawstring bag, all the paperwork and receipt. I doubt that this thing will be worth anything but it sure looks cool. The down side of is the party that gave it to me, traded a standard,  1911 WWI Commemorative Chateau Thierry in a Colt display case for it a few years back. The Colt is probably worth $700 so break it to me gently, what is the luger worth and are the parts 308(high grade)stainless?
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Mitchell Luger
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:06:33 AM »
Flash:  that Luger cost more than the colt did and is worth more, now,  than that commemorative Colt, period.  Those are literally one of a kind lugers because so few were made or sold.  I can't remark about the quality or hardness of the stainless used in the pistol but possibly Mitchell can.  Those Lugers were not made to just be wall hangers, and they are functional.  I don't think you took any sort of a loss on that trade at all.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Mitchell stainless steel Luger
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 09:59:39 AM »
Thanks Mic. The receipt reads $700 and the serial number is 52xx. I have no idea how many Mitchell made but the craftsmanship is top quality. The grips are a little loose but I never shoot so who cares. Thanks for the info. Maybe I will contact Mitchell and see how many were made and learn about their steel quality.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline unspellable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Stainless Lugers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 10:47:05 AM »
Mitchell was only a distributer of the stainless Lugers.  After Mitchell, Stoeger took over distributership.  At the point Stoeger took over they changed to a non-standard magazine.  Now they are sold direct from the factory and shipped to your local dealer for the transfer.

Go to:  http://www.lugerforum.com/

Sign up and you will find a good deal of information on these.  (They are still in production.)  Unfortunately it's a member only forum due to past problems with people bringing their flame throwers to the party.

The manufacturer:

Orimar Firearms Manufacturing, Inc. -  R.E. Romo, Orimar Corp, PO box 8767, Houston,TX 77249-8767, (713) 305-8540
Current Reproduction Stainless Steel Lugers  (Former producer of Mitchell, Stoeger and AIMCO Stainless Steel Lugers)