Author Topic: Mil Surps  (Read 823 times)

Offline JPH45

• Trade Count: (0)
Mil Surps
« on: April 14, 2004, 02:32:04 PM »
I ordered a couple of jugs of powder Saturday, one of WC846 (a BL-C2 imitator) and 107 ( an AA#7 imitator). So far I like what I see. The 107 actually shoots my 158 grain cast bullet in my 357 Maximum almost as tightly as 5744. I haven't done any fine tuning, just a few tryout loads, but this seems a promising plinking combination. It also shoots well with my modified Lee 310 bullet, not as tight as Blue Dot, but a 2" group for the first try out is nice. Beats the trouble I was having this time last year for sure. Both loads are under 10 grains, so that means some 5000 rounds from the 7 pound jug. Nice and cheap. It is a flake powder and meters about like....rocks so I wouldn't try it in a progressive loader. I have not yet chronographed any loads but it strikes me as being slower tha Blue Dot based on it hitting 6-8" above POA, my scope being set up to one of my Blue Dot loads. But the chronograph will tell the tale (a weekend project)

I got the WC846 to use in the 45-70 and the 30-30, I have not yet loaded either of them (a project for this weekend) but I did try a case full (almost literally) in the 44.  Four scoops of Lee's .5cc dipper filles the 44 Mag case to the base of my Lee 200 grain 44 bullet, shoots into 2". Not bad. Same load, substituting the modified Lee 310 (weighs about 265 grains) put 3 of 5 into a clover leaf, the other two opened the group to 1". About what I have come to expect from very slow powders for the cartridge. While it groups good, it is too expensive a load to use for any purpose other than trying it to see how it does.

Will post more as I refine these loads and begin to work with the 30-30 and the 45-70. Many thanks to DJ for turning us on to these powders. JP
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline jeff223

Mil Surps
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:27:09 PM »
JPH45,please tell me more about this blc-2 powder.where did you get it and how much does 7 lbs cost with shipping?i use the blc-2 and like it.i might want to order some for myself if its saves me some money.

Offline JPH45

Mil Surps
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 05:07:18 PM »
www.gibrass.com

www.patsreloading.com

www.iidbs.com/hitech

The WC846 was purchased from gibrass, an 8 pound jug is $56.00. There is always a $20 hazardous material charge and shipping on top of the purchase price. Usually there are breaks on the hazard charge if you buy in larger quantities.
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline jeff223

Mil Surps
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 02:15:37 AM »
thankyou for the info.thats a good price for blc2 powder.thats a good price for all their powder