Author Topic: Another Tom falls to a H&R 10 ga.  (Read 761 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Another Tom falls to a H&R 10 ga.
« on: April 21, 2004, 11:03:57 AM »
I just received an email from my bother who is looking after my guns while I'm away doing uncle sam's business.  He took a very nice 18 pounds tom Monday morning with MY 10 ga THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN SHOT YET.........He wanted to know if I want to sell the gun?  Heck how do I know I ain't shot it yet ???????  He said he hit the bird in the head as it crossed in front of him at about 35 yrds.  He says the head just took off to the left and the rest of the body followed it.  He said it look like a BIG hand grab the bird and jerked it VERY hard to the left.
Them 10 ga's pack a wallop.  

By the way things are going ok over here.

Keep the faith
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline scruffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 11:10:17 AM »
He's just breaking it in for you.  :wink:   How about you buy some more guns and let me watch over them.   :D  Then I can help you out and break them in like you're brother and you 10 gauge.

I think you need a 223, 45-70, 30-06, 50 cal muzzy, hmmmmmmm.  I might have to go buy another safe to fit all yours in my house.  :wink:

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:31:39 PM »
Man Dave I bet you're really havin a hard time not being able to Tom hunt....O well live it thru your bro and next year maybe he'll take ya to his
Tommy hangout.
Be safe and shoot straight.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 02:52:31 AM »
At least you know that the 10GA is a shooter...Now you just need to get back here so you can shoot it.  Scruffy's right...He's just breaking it in for you.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 01:48:29 PM »
Uncle should have let you take that 10ga over there with you for a little street sweeping. Where was your brother hunting? I would have been a logical choice to watch your guns as I'm only an hour away from Ft.Meade. I'm terrible at maintainence though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun