Author Topic: 223 Barrel, Bull or Standard ?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline ogo

• Trade Count: (0)
223 Barrel, Bull or Standard ?
« on: April 21, 2004, 04:22:42 PM »
I going to get a NEF 223 barrel or maybe complete gun ether way is one more accurate then the other,bull or standard ? Thanx***** ogo

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:17:31 AM »
The consensus seems to be that either one can be accurate. The choice boils down to ; do you carry the rifle alot or do you shoot from a rest, do you shoot long strings of shots where the bull will heat up slower or shorter strings. I use a bull and am happy with mine.  :grin:
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline Maine Woods

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 01:35:06 AM »
Hey Ogo I bought my Handi used and it had the sporter barrel and it shoots great ( have had some 3 shot groups 1/2 " ) I use the gun for coyote and woodchucks so I carry long distances I am glad the gun is as light as it is. Consider your use but dont fret either one will be a shooter.

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 05:30:24 AM »
I have the bull barrel for mine.  I like it over the sporter but that is probably just a personal preference on looks.
I must be crazy.

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 09:37:05 AM »
If you're going to shoot 250 yds. plus,you'll like the bull best. The reason being is that the added weight will be easier to hold steady. If your're going with a 3X 9 or lower the sporter barrel will be fine, but the higher power scopes will be easier to hold steady with the bull.  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 10:58:13 AM »
I have shot and carried my son's standard a lot until I got my 24" Ultra.  Honestly, I don't notice the difference in weight.  They are both very accurate rifles.  So go with what you like the looks of or what your budget demands.  Cannot lose either way.  Only thing I've seen a lot of to avoid is the ultra lights.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!