Author Topic: STRANGE THINGS SEEN AT THE HOUSE!  (Read 1511 times)

Offline MATLOCK12C

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
STRANGE THINGS SEEN AT THE HOUSE!
« on: April 22, 2004, 08:33:46 AM »
Mywife and daughter have a cat, "Hanna" She looks just like that cat on the commercial that chases down the Zebra.  Shes a confirmed Killer! with 4 copperheads, numerous rats, mice and lizards to her credit. The other day as I was out in the shed working on the tiller, I noticed  " Hanna"in a full stalk on this little squirrel eating a pecan on the ground. The little fella was oblivious to his fate. The cat sprung, and the fight started!
As I watched the battle royal, It was obvious Hanna had met her match! when ol bushytail bit her tail, the fight was over! he ran up a tree, and preceded to give her a firm cussing for interrupting his snack! While she was licking her wounds on the back porch.
That was about a month ago, now whenever ol bushytail is in the yard Hanna gives him a wide birth! Everytime she gets within 5ft of him he will rear up and start cussing her out, if she don't back off he will chase her to the back porch!  I guess city squirrels don't take no crap off nobody!
MATLOCK12C@AOL.Com

Remember, 95% of all energency room visits are made shortly AFTER this statement; HEY, Y'ALL WATCH THIS!  :shock:   :)  :)  :-D

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Matlock
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 04:41:43 AM »
Yep, squirrels can be tough on cats, hence the need for 22s (LOL).  But, it isn't unusual to hear about wild critters getting the best of some of mother natures most notable predators.  One thing to watch out for as regards Miss Hanna's hunting preferences is rabbit - if she spys one she wants to tango with and the critter rolls over on his back, the claws on his hind legs will send her right to the Vetinarian with some incredibly ugly lacerations on her belly.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline Dan Mich Trapper

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 05:32:02 PM »
I dont know Matlock , sounds like it could be gang related . :)  :)
If an animal activist is being mauled by a bear should we stop it , or , " let nature take its course?"

Offline MATLOCK12C

• Avid Poster
HOSTLE SQURILLS "GANGS" RUN RAMPANT IN MARSHALL TX
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 06:02:03 PM »
I think you are right Dan.  :-)  Just today Hanna got a visit from the God squrille, Sammy "big Nutt" bushytail. 8)  She now has to pay "Protection"  to get in the backyard!  :eek:  She awoke to a mouse head in her bed this morning! :shock:  The Game Warden wants her to turn States evidence, and enter the Feline Protection Program!  :)  :)  :)
MATLOCK12C@AOL.Com

Remember, 95% of all energency room visits are made shortly AFTER this statement; HEY, Y'ALL WATCH THIS!  :shock:   :)  :)  :-D

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 09:22:16 AM »
America's Funniest Videos had a clip of a squirrel latching onto a deer. The deer cleared about 20 feet and did a 180 in midair.  I nearly messed my pants! :-D

Offline John

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »
I had a black and tan pup many years ago that was really raisin some hell in the woods, she didn't sound like she was treed, or on track either one, but was sure makin some racket.....she had a squirrel hangin from her bottom lip.

I guess she must have caught it, or it caught her one or the other. When it finally let go she grabbed it up a little different and got it killed.

That hound hated squirrels after that, and was always happy to help me get a mess of em.
Hey, hold my beer and watch this.

Offline MATLOCK12C

• Avid Poster
UPDATE ON THE SQURILL GANG ACTIVITY
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 12:27:34 PM »
5/2/04.....
We awoke this morning to find "Hanna" having a nice bushytail breakfast. :shock:
There is no doubt that there will be retaliation for her "hit" on the gang. :sniper:
The mouse head in her bed was just too much, she is a P.O'ed Puddy Cat now.  :excuseme:
As I write this, she is sharpening her claws on my dimond hone right now!
I think it's gonna get nasty! :evil:  :x  :evil:
MATLOCK12C@AOL.Com

Offline MATLOCK12C

• Avid Poster
What the.......
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »
News flash!
The feline who resides at the Matlock Estate known as "Hanna cat" has disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
The Game Warden suspect's fowl play!  :shock:  
He was reported to say "It looks like it could be gang related" :blaster:
MATLOCK12C@AOL.Com

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 12:55:13 AM »
Quote from: Dan Mich Trapper
I dont know Matlock , sounds like it could be gang related . :)  :)

Naw, Man.....Sounds more like a HATE crime to me.
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline MATLOCK12C

• Avid Poster
Hanna Return"s and she's packin!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 05:13:06 PM »
Hanna is back! and she is packin, 4 kittens! guess she thought there would be safty in numbers!  :)  :)  :)
Anyone need a cat?  :grin:
MATLOCK12C@AOL.Com