Author Topic: New gun!!  (Read 913 times)

Offline big medicine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New gun!!
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:47:24 AM »
Hope the wife doesnt find out....but I got me a Walther P22 5.5 inch today. Gonna be out blazing away in a little bit. :grin: I made the mistake of touching one last week at Cabelas and just had to have one. Had my friend order one on Wed and just picked it up over the lunch hour. That is one nice little pistol! For me it is one of those guns that you can pull up with your eyes closed and open them and you are on target. Walther And S&W did good!

Offline jh45gun

New gun!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 06:37:59 PM »
Keep us posted on how she shoots!! I have looked at them they seem like a nice pistol. I have a Walther copy that was imported by Navy Arms that is a copy of the Walther that won the 36 olympics. It may be made in China but is well made and shoots great. Have fun with your new pistol. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
New gun!!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 01:30:32 PM »
Well the new gun is as nice as it looks. I took it out last night and shot it after work. I ran several types of ammo through it. The Federal Lightnings
stove piped about 99% of the time. The Federal Bulk HPs that Wal Mart sells did not want to feed real well, but shot ok groups. The Remimgton Yellowjackets feed good but didnt group worth a crap. The CCI stingers feed good, shot ok but had a hell of a muzzle flash. The CCI Velocitors were the winner. They feed good and shot great. At 25 yards using the hood of the truck as a rest they shot about 3-4 inches which is good enough for me. I just cant believe how good this pistol feels. It points nice and has a smooth function. I wouldnt advise picking one up and looking at it....because you will probably feel the need to buy it! :wink:

Offline magooch

New gun!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 03:19:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Big Med.  I'll try to keep my hands off.  I wouldn't dare go near one of those Walthers right now.  The new Taurus 63 that I just got is causing some jealousy and bad feelings with a 39A and a 452 as well as some others; I don't want to get my Buck Marks and Mark IIs etc., mad at me.  Maybe they wouldn't notice though, because there's already a Walther around here somewhere.
Swingem

Offline BamBams

New gun!!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »
I love those little pistols!  Good choice!  The bore is really easy to clean also.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
New gun!!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 04:47:48 PM »
This one is a keeper. I already have several hundred rounds through it :shock: The more I shoot it the more I like it. And it even fits in my M1942 shoulder holster! So I dont need to invest in another holster.

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
New gun!!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 03:10:27 PM »
A friend had one with him last fall at hunting season, and I made the mistake of shooting it! Went home and the next week I had a P22 with the short barrel in my safe!
 I really love the little Walther P22, and I generally don't get excited about anything that isn't 100 years old. I never go out to the woods, or the range without taking it along also!
 Great choice BM, and I'm sure you'll stilll love it years from now!
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
New gun!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 04:57:03 PM »
Looks like it is a mistake to pick one up, that is if you dont want to buy one..cuz then you got to have it.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
New gun!!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 09:29:19 AM »
Sounds intriguing......anybody got a picture to post of the little vixen?

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline Dali Llama

New gun!!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 08:12:12 AM »
Quote from: big medicine
I took it out last night and shot it after work. I ran several types of ammo through it. The Federal Lightnings
stove piped about 99% of the time. The Federal Bulk HPs that Wal Mart sells did not want to feed real well, but shot ok groups. The Remimgton Yellowjackets feed good but didnt group worth a crap. The CCI stingers feed good, shot ok but had a hell of a muzzle flash. The CCI Velocitors were the winner. They feed good and shot great. At 25 yards using the hood of the truck as a rest they shot about 3-4 inches which is good enough for me.
Dali Llama say he would not relish idea of being limited to only one type of expensive .22 calibre ammunition that feed and group satisfactory. :?  :?  :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Dali Llama

New gun!!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 08:32:57 AM »
Quote from: papajohn428
anybody got a picture to post of the little vixen?

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
New gun!!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 07:37:28 PM »
accually after it was shot more the cheap federal bulk that wal mart sells for $8.97/550 rounds shoots fine. Last night I was out shooting groups for Ranch Dogs postal match. While I was waiting for the barrel to cool down I got out the Walther and was shooting the heads off dandilions. Most have put at least 100 rounds of the federal bulk through it with out a single problem. Even shot a small log at the edge of the pond several times distance of about 90 yards. the little gun shoots. :shock:

Offline Dali Llama

New gun!!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 01:22:20 AM »
I got out the Walther and was shooting the heads off dandilions.
Dali Llama say now if big medicine be shooting heads off gnats... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
New gun!!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 11:48:55 AM »
Papajohn,
 Check out this site for a look at the Walther P22.
http://www.carl-walther.de/englisch/defense/defense-53.html
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline Dali Llama

New gun!!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 12:24:16 PM »
Quote from: marlinman93
Papajohn,
 Check out this site for a look at the Walther P22.
http://www.carl-walther.de/englisch/defense/defense-53.html
It be fairly nice appearing peace of weaponry, say Dali Llama.

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
New gun!!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 03:38:55 PM »
Mine looks just like the blued one. P22 Target. Just got back from shooting, put another 200 rounds through it tonight 8)

Offline Dali Llama

New gun!!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 03:54:08 PM »
Mine looks just like the blued one. P22 Target. Just got back from shooting, put another 200 rounds through it tonight
Sans any FTE's, FTF's or other malf's, ask Dali Llama?