Author Topic: Got my 63 stainless  (Read 518 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Got my 63 stainless
« on: April 24, 2004, 04:12:25 AM »
To make a long story short, I finally got the stainless Model 63 Taurus that I've been wanting for many many months.  I know there has been a bit of criticism of the fit and finish on some of the Taurus and other brands lately, but I must have gotten lucky, because this new 63 is a beauty and it shoots like a dream.
Swingem

Offline jh45gun

Got my 63 stainless
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 10:33:45 AM »
Congrats on the new gun glad you like it!! Folks who criticize gun choices of others piss me off and I do not even listen anymore.  :x  I figure your gun your money so it is your choice!! When I bought my Henry 22 mag expecially for the reason that it was a mag. I heard nothing but BS from the naysayers but you know what I would shoot this gun against any it shoots that good and if it goes to hell in 20 years I really do not care. I think taurus makes a good gun and it gives ya a other choice. I had a taurus 357 that was a smith copy that I should have kept it shot great instead I traded it for a used 44 blackhawk that shot for crap! Oh well you live and learn but I learned this if you have a shooter keep it as the next one may not shoot so well. Again congrats on your new gun!! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline magooch

Got my 63 stainless
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 03:09:25 PM »
Jim, I know what you mean about those who criticize other's choices.  I've been in gun shops where the guys working there and some of the patrons that hang around will practically have a hemorhage if someone mentions anything but Glock, S&W, Remington, Weatherby, or whatever happens to be their brand.  

I spent nearly 50 years of my life repairing and building things, so I think I can make an educated assessment about the quality of stuff.  I don't mind people having their opinions; I've got a lot of them myself, but sometimes when people make a prejudiced judgement, they only display their ignorance.

After having read as many posts on all the various gun forums that I have, I can't think of a gun brand that hasn't been dumped on.  So I guess it's like anything else; you pays your money and you takes your chances and hopefully if you draw a bad one, the manufacturer will make it right.

To tell you the truth, I'm really getting nervous about buying guns, because I've had an extremely long run of good luck.  I haven't gotten a bad one yet--knock on wood.  Maybe because of all the negitive posts that I've read, I've also developed a bit of a low expectation from some of the guns that I've bought and when they turned out to be really good, it's like a bonus.
Swingem

Offline jh45gun

Got my 63 stainless
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 12:53:14 PM »
Nothing like a bonus!!!  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.