Author Topic: Question On Ultra Rifle Stocks  (Read 771 times)

Offline inGobwetrust

• Trade Count: (0)
Question On Ultra Rifle Stocks
« on: April 27, 2004, 06:58:36 PM »
I have an H&R Ultra Rifle in .308 Winchester with the blond laminated stock and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the H&R synthetic Monte Carlo style stock is signifigantly lighter or close to the same weight.  I like this rifle and use it as my "bad weather" hunting gun but it seems to me that it weighs considerably more than it needs to.
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 12:08:48 AM »
:D  I don't know the weight, but will weigh my synthetic buttstock and receiver if it will help.
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 02:19:13 AM »
Yes the Synthetic stock is lighter than the wooden stock and much,much lighter than the Laminated stock. If you are interested, I have a new synthetic MonteCarlo stock and matching Forearm I would like to trade for a wooden stock. It just came on a new H&R I bought. Let me know if you are interested....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 10:21:59 AM »
OK inGobwetrust, Everything is all set. The new synthetic Monte-Carlo buttstock and matching forearm are in the mail. I packed them last night and sent them out this morning USPS Priority Mail. You should have them in a couple of days if not tomorrow, hopefully saturday at the latest...nice talking with you yesterday....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 07:58:38 PM »
By the way inGobwetrust, your return shipping to me by USPS Priority Mail (with "Delivery Confirmation" if you want it) may be a bit more than what it cost me to ship the synthetic stock set to you because of the weight difference, but it still is quite inexpensive and I guess the weight difference is what this trade was about in the first place....<><.... :grin:

Offline inGobwetrust

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 09:34:43 AM »
Exactly.  Thanks!
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 11:48:01 AM »
:D , inGobwetrust, The stocks are already at your Post Office!!! I forwarded a copy of the USPS Confirmation notice to you via e-mail. I do not know why the Post Office did not leave the stocks at your home but as you see from the USPS note I forwarded to you they arrived at your home address at 12:50 PM today, and I mailed them from Cape Cod yesterday!! All this service for only $4.40, and .45 cents of that was for a tracking number and delivery confirmation, good deal any way you look at it....<><.... :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 02:45:02 PM »
:D, Hey there inGobwetrust, how and where have you been? I sent the stocks out last Thursday the 29th and they arrived on the 30th. They have been sitting at the post office for you since we spoke. I have sent you an e-mail and called several times but no answer. Hope everything is OK, it's as if you fell off the face of the earth, well maybe your just busy at work or dragging in a big Turkey from way out back... If you are OK and get this message drop me a line or call and let me know you got the stocks....<><.... :grin: