Author Topic: bushnell rainguard jacket offer  (Read 1246 times)

Offline everglades1

• Trade Count: (0)
bushnell rainguard jacket offer
« on: April 28, 2004, 04:16:50 AM »
OK so I took you guys advice and got the elite 3200 with the free jacket offer to go with it.  I seems that the resolution is not as good as I would like it to be at 100 yards, even after turning the focusing ring way out.  Then I never got the jacket.  Find out after waiting 12 weeks they are overwhelmed and wanted to send me the 10 dollars back or have me wait another 12 weeks I chose to wait, but i'm wondering if I get the same message after another 12 weeks.  I'm not impressed with bushnell because of the things mentioned!  Any feedback?

Offline Steelhead

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:08:06 AM »
I don't like the 3200's myself. Not enough eye-relief, the 2x7 had a bit of the "looking through a tire" effect, and I also had some paralex problems. Can't speak on the other.
Deactivated for behavior in response to a warning from GB.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 12:32:31 PM »
For the price range I do not think you can beat the 3200.  I have one and ,even though it is adequate, probably will eventually upgrade .   Just be glad you might eventually get a jacket.  I ordered a "demo"  4200 from SWFA and was told I could not get the jacket because it was not a NIB scope.  This was not a "used" scope but a demo.  I like the scope but am a little sour grapes about the jacket. :cry:

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Bushnell Boy

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.hotspothunting.com/common/showsite.asp?dovend=0&id=29555
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 01:09:15 PM »
Sorry to hear you are disappointed in your Bushnell product. I've always thought the 3200's had good resolution for what the price of the scope was. I don't know how you are adjusting the focus ring but if you are trying to focus looking at the target that may be the problem. When focusing your scope look at a blue patch of sky and focus your cross hairs until they are sharp, then your scope should be in focus. If this doesn't take care of your problem you might contact Bushnells customer service.
1-800-423-3537

Also the jacket is worth the wait its pretty nice.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 09:18:36 AM »
I have two Elite 3200s and three Leupolds.  The Bushnells are great, I like them better than the Leupolds.  Sorry that you disappointed too.  What are these "Jackets"?  Mike
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline Robert

Does ANYONE have a jacket????
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
I think they are a myth.  I didn't get one either.  They told me the offer had expired.
....make it count

Offline Zachary

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 04:21:44 PM »
The 3200 is a great scope - especially for the money.

As for the offer, Bushnell gave me the run around.  Last year, they never gave me my jacket.

This year (on another scope purchase) they sent me the papers back and said that they needed more documentation.  I gave them more info that I can tell you.

I love my Elites, but I am very disappointed in Bushnell's jacket "promotion." :evil:

Zachary

Offline Robert

Question...
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 04:45:40 PM »
Has anyone besides a sales rep seen one of these jackets?  I am just curious.
....make it count

Offline Big

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 10:31:56 AM »
How weird to be reading these posts today: the mail man just brought me this year's Rainguard jacket, within the past hour. I haven't even opened it; going to let my girlfriend open it, because it's for her.  I say this year's jacket because I ordered one last year, not expecting much, and it turned out to be a very nice jacket.  It's comparable to a North Face jacket I own.

Granted it did take a LONG TIME to get here, but that's how it goes with special offers and rebates.  I, too, was offered my money back in lieu of waiting, but for ten bucks it was worth the wait both last year and this.  I sent them the paperwork they asked for in the first place, and never had a problem.

As far as the two 3200s I now own, I could not ask for a better scope.  I like them better than my Leupolds.  They are brighter and clearer (one with fastfocus, one without).  That was good advice (above) on how to focus them - straight out of the instructions.
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Offline everglades1

fianlly got the jacket
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 06:27:51 AM »
The rain jacket finally came.  I can see why it took so long "made in Vietnam"  It is a pretty nice jacket though for a 10 dollar shipping charge! I put a hole directly through a quarter at 100 yards, so I guess I am not going to get much better!