Author Topic: going to the range with my ultra slug hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 745 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
going to the range with my ultra slug hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 01, 2004, 01:30:13 PM »
next saturday i am going to shot my 2o ga. ultra. :lol: . i will shoot out to 200 yds, but will keep my hunting shots under 150 with a rest :P . i hope to get under 5'' groups at 100 yds :?  :? ???is this posible with my scope on 9X :?  :?  wish me luck and hope for the best :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :?  :-)  8)  8)
~buckslayer wuz here 8)
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
going to the range with my ultra slug hunte
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »
well if you cant get 5 inch groups with the gun, then you should sell it to me. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline inGobwetrust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 02:21:20 PM »
I have a 20 gauge Ultra Slug and get 3" 3-shot groups at 100 yards with Winchester Partition Gold sabot slugs.  I've never shot it at 200 yards but I can hit a milk jug at 150 yards all day long with it.
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 06:43:18 AM »
You should be able to get much better than a 5" group at 100 yards.  If you aren't getting better then I would try another sabot and see how that one is shooting.  These guns are tack drivers and 150 yards will be pretty easy as long as you pay attention to the slug drop and compensate for it.  I guess it all depends where you set your zero.  I might be inclined to sight in 2 inches high at 50 yards and see where that takes you.  That should get you pretty close to a 100 yard zero.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline jeff223

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 11:40:12 AM »
these 20ga ultraslugs have been known to shoot down to around 1 inch groups or so at 100yds.im sure you will be pleased with your gun

Offline 2500HD

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 07:20:56 AM »
Mine is a 12 ga but I can cover 3 shot groups at 100 yards with a half dollar! You should hold way better than 5" groups with yours easily. I tested about 10 different sabots through it when new to see what worked best and by far the 2-3/4" Lightfields were the best. I have a 20 ga also but have never fired it but you need to get a couple different shells and see what works best for your gun. I think you are going to be surprised with the results. It ain't no smooth bore slug gun!!!! Enjoy.

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 02:54:11 PM »
Quote from: 2500HD
It ain't no smooth bore slug gun!!!!

What is wrong with a smooth bore slug gun?  :grin: . My 20 ga. pardner youth model has cleanly taken 4 deer in four shots and that is with a 22"mod. barrel, bead sight, cheap Winchester slugs. Now, having said that, I would love to have a Tracker l or ll. If my little gun ever gets stretched beyond its capabilities I just may get one. :grin:

Offline 2500HD

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 03:51:02 AM »
Nothing wrong with a smooth bore! I have taken many with mine too. I was just implying that the rifled H&R shoots way better than a SB!