Author Topic: RCE order  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Lead pot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
RCE order
« on: May 01, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »
Have any of you have Richard make dies for you lately? I have an order in since I think Oct.I don't remember anymore,and still waiting.

If so how long did you wait?

Kurt
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
RCE order
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 05:04:50 PM »
Six months really isn't to long. I gave him a 5 part order in May of '03 and he just shipped them 2 days ago, but then I gave him a year to fill the order. His brother is worse. Much slower per order, but they both make plenty of tooling every day.  Both firms respond to email  queries and I'm sure Richard will give you a guesstimate on when he'll be getting around to your dies. When it comes to punches I've found a local  machinist to make them for me, hardened and all.  Cost the same (almost), but 2 or 3 weeks I have them in hand. Dies are a different matter entirely. Takes an experienced bullet die maker having the proper honing and polishing equipment to make a good one. 8)

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
RCE order
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 02:51:41 PM »
Ok Talon

I dropped him a email,but it bounced back.Mabe he's having syber problems :roll:

I think I will try Foresters,there just 12 miles from me,they make dies.I will take a die over and see what they can do.I just need a few PP dies.

TNX.   Kurt

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
RCE order
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 04:56:36 PM »
About a week ago he changed his email to   richard@rce.com   . 8)

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
RCE order
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 02:33:59 AM »
TNX.talon

Kurt

Offline Smokin7mm

RCE order
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 03:10:26 AM »
Just ordered a jacket reducing die yesterday.  I first e-mailed Richard at (info@rceco.com) and got a reply they I called to discuss the requirements order.  This is a single die, fairly simple, he said it would be complete by June 15.  Full die set of course take more work and time.  I would suggest calling, this leaves no question if he is getting it.  If he answers he got it (ha ha ha).  All kidding aside I just prefer doing it this way as I usually have additional questions that come up and they can be discussed right on the phone before making the final order.  His phone is on his website  http://www.rceco.com/index.htm .   Hope this helps
Bret

Offline onomrbil

RCE Orders
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 11:03:06 AM »
I have been buying swaging equipment from RCE for several years now and have noted a minimum three month wait for most items.  Part of this is because Richard is a one-man operation and he has home / farm duties to attend to.  Another reason is that he is a perfectionist by all accounts.  If my equipment is any indication the last statement is true, and I am willing to wait however long it takes to get stuff.  You can ask for an estimated delivery time when you order.

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
RCE order
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 04:33:48 PM »
Well it's 8 months now, and still no dies.I called Richard in May and he said he is working on them there on the bench.Must have sent them to the wrong address :(

Heck when I placed my first order for a press and seven dies punches and adapters it only took three months.

Kurt