Author Topic: Rio Bonito Ranch in Texas?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
Rio Bonito Ranch in Texas?
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:27:43 AM »
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I would like to know if anyone has hunted with them before.

They offer some exotics as well as wild boar hunts at their place. They state they have 30,000 + acres under their control and no high fence.

I would really appreciate this info if possible.

Offline CPankey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 06:38:45 PM »
I hunted there in Feb 2001. They have 16000 acres and no fence. It is a beautiful place and we were taken care of very well. We were looking for Axis and Fallow deer but did not see many. It was the wrong time of year as most of them had been taken during the whitetail season and they had not restocked there herds yet. We ended up taking 2 Aoudads and 2 wild hogs.If you go get Donnie to take you out at night to hunt hogs. The accomadations are top notch and I don't think I have ever eaten so much. Plan your trip in Sept and I think you would have better success. Have a good trip and be safe.

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:14:48 AM »
The Rio Bonito is an honest first class ranch. It is a 25 square mile ranch with no high fence.-------------I do not understand the comment about restocking the exotics. The Rio does not overbook. This is just hunting, sometimes the game is moving and you see a lot of animals and sometimes you do not. I live close to the ranch and communicate with them on and off. I have the first three days of deer season reserved for this year and I am looking forward to that. They are honest, you can beleive what they tell you. No hidden cost or anything. Good Luck. vernonp