Author Topic: HELP -- how to fit barrel to receiver?  (Read 730 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
HELP -- how to fit barrel to receiver?
« on: May 08, 2004, 11:11:39 AM »
Hi guys, need some help here. I just got a nice almost new 22" so gauge nickeled H&R shotgun barrel in the mail. I had hoped it would fit my NEF receiver. Well it fits but the lock-up is not secure, if I close the receiver it seems to be ok but then if I try to open the action without pressing the release lever it is possible to open the action with a bit of effort, not complete lock-up or engagement of something I would guess. Anyone know how to remedy or correct this so the barrel will not open upon firing? I have other barrels fitted to that receiver so I want to work on the 20 gauge barrel not on the receiver. Hopefully this is not an insurmountabe problem. While let you ponder this problem and hopefully send me a solution I am going to try it on another receiver....<><.... :grin: (could it be congealed oil in the latch mechanism of the barrel. It is new old stock....?)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 12:10:03 PM »
MSP you have mail. i would not tell alot of people how to do this because if not done right it could be REAL bad. but check your email.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 01:53:19 PM »
Thanks VC, I have read the mail and sent a reply. I think thats just what I was looking for!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline raggeldy

• Trade Count: (0)
barrel fitting
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 02:40:59 PM »
Sir I would like some information on fitting A barrel. Have some ideas of my own and work as a machinist so the actual metalwork and or fitting shouldnt be a prob, but have passed on 2 difrent barrels because dont realy want to jump in there and mabey mess something up.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
-Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 02:26:52 AM »
Raggeldy<--------- check your PM :D  :D  :D
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!