Author Topic: 2 Strange Pheasant's  (Read 632 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
2 Strange Pheasant's
« on: May 08, 2004, 03:11:28 PM »
Every year we go pheasant hunting in Kansas.  I have been going since eighth grade and my family has been going since the 50's.

Of all the birds we have killed, I remember two strange ones:

1.  Three years ago, we were at the end of a field and all the birds were flushing in front of the blockers.  One cock flushed and hit a telephone wire and snapped its neck.  Dropped deader than a door nail, no shots fired.  We still had to count it in our limit even though no shots.   :eek:

2.  About ten years ago we were hunting and put some of the harvested birds in a car trunk.  We went to to clean them before lunch and opened the trunk and guess what flew out, apparently unhurt.  Talk about scaring the life out of me. :eek: I think I lost ten years. :wink:

I love pheasant hunting!!!!!!
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline GUNSRFUN

• Trade Count: (0)
2 Strange Pheasant's
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 04:39:59 AM »
:D I have had that happen before too.  Once me & a friend went hunting, got a nice rooster & put him in my vest.  On the way to the car I felt him moving around but didn't think much of it. So my buddy grabbed him to throw him in the car & got clawed so he had to drop him. :eek:  The bird hit the ground & took off running. I'm sure we were quite the sight trying to catch him again. :lol:  :lol:

Another time we had all the birds in the back of a suv. I was in the back. I turned around to look at one that had exceptionally nice color & commented to my buddies about how I would like to get one like that mounted. I went to hold him up (I just touched him) & he hopped up & started walking around :shock: Talk about almost messing your pants :-D  :-D  :)   :)