Author Topic: Bushnell Elite vs BL  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite vs BL
« on: January 09, 2003, 09:35:39 AM »
The Bushnell Elites (both the 4200 and 3200) are essentially the Bausch & Lomb 4000 and 3000 scopes, except that the 4200 and 3200 have the rainguard feature.

How would I compare the Elite 4200 to the Nikon Monarch, Leupold Vari-X III and Burris Black Diamond and Signature series?

Optically speaking, the Elite 4200 is outstanding and similar to the Monarch.  I own several Monarchs and the clarity and resolution of these scopes is very similar to the 4200s - I can't tell any difference.

However, I believe that the 4200s are better than the Leupold Vari-X IIIs (of which I own 2), and the Burris Black Diamonds (which I also own 2).

In my opinion, Leupolds are over priced.  Yes, they are super scopes, but there is really no reason that they should be about 25%+ more expensive than the Elites and Monarchs - especially when I think that Leupold's glass is not as good as the Elites and Monarchs.

Again, I'm talking about the Elite 4200s and Nikon Monarchs - NOT the Elite 3200s and the Nikon Buckmasters.

Zachary

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Bushnell Elite vs BL
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 08:06:38 PM »
Actually they are better. The newer coatings on the lens actually make the newer Elite 4200s superior to the older B&Ls. I compared both the B&L and Bushnell Elite 3200 2-6 handgun scopes head to head and the Bushnell convinced me it was superior also.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite vs BL
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 05:15:19 AM »
I have been saying for a long time now that Leupolds are over priced.  Yes, they are very good scopes, but they cost more than they are worth.

I own two Leupold Vari-X IIIs and I can tell you with no hesitation whatsoever that the Elite 4200s are better scopes, both in terms of brightness, clarity, and resolution.  AND the 4200s are about 25% less expensive than the Vari-X IIIs.

I also own several Nikon Monarchs and also think the world of them - I have NEVER had a Nikon fail me - or even ALMOST fail me - I just NEVER had ANY problems with them.

In my opinion, I believe that the Elite 4200s and Nikon Monarchs are in the same league, both in terms of high quality and reasonable price.  But I think that the Elite 4200 has an edge, at least in my book, for its rainguard feature.  Now, if you like Illuminated scopes, then I would recommend the Nikon because I like its set-up better than the Elite 4200s.

You really can't go wrong with either scope.  Go to www.dnrsports.com and check out their prices.  If you happen to find a scope a bit cheaper somewhere else (which is hard to do because dnr has some of the lowest prices - then tell them that you are a member of this forum which they sponsor - and I think that they would price match any advertised price. :grin: )

Zachary