Author Topic: Question on Modifying a Tracker II Stock  (Read 544 times)

Offline mountainview

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Question on Modifying a Tracker II Stock
« on: May 17, 2004, 07:48:35 PM »
Is it possible to get more drop on the stock of a Tracker II? I have a 20 gauge with NEF open sights (not great but got to live with them). It groups very well but due to the low drop at heel my Tracker seems to have, I have to push the stock out on my arm away from my shoulder to line up the sights. Grouping is always 4" left of the ring no matter how I adjust the sights.

I figure the problem would be solved if I can get some additional drop at heel on the stock. Question is how best to achieve this. I looked on the NEF website and catalog but did not see any spacers/shims like Mossberg has and which I think would be the ticket. Can anyone give me some ideas (preferably low cost since I need to get some more ammo, sabots are great but a tad pricey) on how best to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Question on Modifying a Tracker II Stock
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 01:28:03 AM »
Most art supply houses carry sheet plastic in 1/16", 1/8" and 1/4" sheets that can easily be cut with an exacto knife and sanded to give you the spacers/shims your looking for... come in colors to boot and fairly inexpensive...MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05