Author Topic: Strange Cat Behavior  (Read 1020 times)

Offline IlliniTrapper15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Strange Cat Behavior
« on: May 20, 2004, 05:29:28 AM »
I was sitting on my porch last night and saw a grey and white cat walk by as i watched it it got up off all four legs and sat on 2 legs and its butt has anyone else observed this behavior before or is it something new?
Season Starts November 5th!!!

Offline GeoNLR

• Contributor
Yes
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 07:54:55 AM »
My guess it was a male and he started to pleaslure himself? Correct?

Cats are evil...

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 08:48:42 AM »
Could be an anal gland problem.  Dogs do that when their anal glands need excising, except that dogs drag their butts.  Cats may well do the same thing.  Mikey.

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 02:42:35 PM »
Quote from: Mikey
Could be an anal gland problem.  Dogs do that when their anal glands need excising, except that dogs drag their butts.  Cats may well do the same thing.  Mikey.

I think you mean "expressing" although I'd like to excise the anal glands of one of mine. He seems to constantly need expressing.
 :)

Offline Glanceblamm

Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 07:01:08 PM »
I like the part about Cats Are Evil

Offline GeoNLR

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 03:58:57 AM »
Quote from: glanceblamm
I like the part about Cats Are Evil

I tell you what, I have seen more "Strange" cat behavior in myshort 31 years than with ANY of the other animals combined. THey simply HAVE to be of the devil! Explain this one... I had a feral (SP?) cat comming around on my property and it was also doing a failrly good job working over the neighbor's cat on a regular basis. I placed a center mass, double lung/heart shot on him from ~15 steps with a 22LR STINGER (nasty rounds if you have ever hunted w/ them) and heard the "thud" as the round hit home. The darn cat took off like a lightning bolt, I was amazed. I heard it running into things and trashing as it went for ~100 yeards or more until it ran out of ear shot... 2 days later it was back...  :x

I simply spent one of this guy's many lives!

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline IlliniTrapper15

• Avid Poster
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 04:46:36 AM »
I dont know what he was doing but he just sat there and looked around then went back to walking around so i dont know

CATS ARE EVIL!!
THEY POOP IN YOUR MOUTH WHILE YOUR ASLEEP THEY GO TO THE BATHROOM NONSTOP LIKE A GOOSE AND THEY REPRODUCE LIKE RABBITS ITS CRAZY WE SHOT ONE CAT ABOUT 2 MILES OUTSIDE OF TOWN WE HIT HIM RIGHT IN THE SIDE THE NEXT DAY HE WAS ALIVE AND SITTING ACROSS THE ROAD LOOKING AT US AS WE PULLED INTO THE DRIVEWAY THESE ANIMALS ARE A TOOL OF THE DEVIL!!!
Season Starts November 5th!!!

Offline Loader 3009

• Contributor
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »
For some reason, body shots don't seem to work on cats (feral or domestic).  You must shoot them high between the eyes.  A between the eyes shot will miss their brain.  Even mortally wounded they will do the funky chicken for a minute or two.

As I live in a neighborhood, I use .22 CB or BB Caps with the nose filed flat for more damage.  Nothing does my heart more good than to see a 5# bag of Kitty Chow sitting on the curb come garbage day. :grin:

Here kitty, kitty, kitty. :)
Don't believe everything you think.

Offline 1911crazy

Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2004, 10:22:56 AM »
I don't hate cats or love cats but i do save kittens when their abandoned.   But my 5 cats do kill the rats from the farm near me in my woodpile its better than decon!!!  The body count is always up in the yard.  But my mother had a cat when I was a kid (18)  I was lying on the floor watching TV when it walked up and sat near my arm then it took its paw a scratched my arm.  I didn't flinch or move one bit I just looked at my arm bleeding bad from the 4 claw marks.  But when it picked up its paw to do it again my left hook I threw it was hard it went 10 feet across the room and almost thru the wall.  After that it never came near me again I just don't have a clue what got into him?        BigBill

Offline GeoNLR

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 03:29:20 AM »
Quote from: BigBill
I don't hate cats or love cats but i do save kittens when their abandoned.   But my 5 cats do kill the rats from the farm near me in my woodpile its better than decon!!!  The body count is always up in the yard.  But my mother had a cat when I was a kid (18)  I was lying on the floor watching TV when it walked up and sat near my arm then it took its paw a scratched my arm.  I didn't flinch or move one bit I just looked at my arm bleeding bad from the 4 claw marks.  But when it picked up its paw to do it again my left hook I threw it was hard it went 10 feet across the room and almost thru the wall.  After that it never came near me again I just don't have a clue what got into him?        BigBill

Not to get this started but I had a real similar experience when I was about 11 at a friends house. We were sleeping and I woke up to him screaming! I looked over at him and the cat was on top of him and his eye was out of the socket. After an ER visit to fix his eye, my Dad and his did a quick "round-up" and that was that... I think outside farm type cats are ideal if that's your thing, other than that I personally believe that are not good pets for children. IMHO only...

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 05:18:39 PM »
Quote from: Loader 3009
For some reason, body shots don't seem to work on cats (feral or domestic).  You must shoot them high between the eyes.  A between the eyes shot will miss their brain.  Even mortally wounded they will do the funky chicken for a minute or two.
 :)

This is one reason I have NO interest in going after any of the big cats(lions tigers, leopard) with a rifle, I have seen feral cats soak up way too much lead to classify their reaction as anything as scary. I can only imagine my last moments on Earth being part of a 500 lb tiger's "funky chicken":D
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline GeoNLR

• Contributor
Even the smaller versions
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 09:36:14 AM »
Even the smaller versions can be quite frightning. Last year I shot a Bobcat with my Bow and he lit up like a top fuel dragster! I also shot a bear for the first time last year. I can tell you this...

I got down and handled the bear alone...

I raido'ed camp for a rifle before I came down to get the 20 pound cat...

Sad but true!

Geo

:oops:

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
Strange Cat Behavior
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 07:33:34 PM »
Had a yellow tom that would do that. Rear legs out in front and butt on the ground. Looked pretty goofy but he seemed to find it comfortable.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower