Author Topic: EAA Witness Full size??  (Read 556 times)

Offline Don45

• Trade Count: (0)
EAA Witness Full size??
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:39:54 AM »
I would like to hear what people think of the EAA Witness Full Size, is it a good and reliable firearm?  I am interested in their .38 Super model so any info on that firearm would be appreciated.  I see that they can also be converted to .22LR, 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP, and 10mm.
Thanks for any info that you can post.

Don

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
EAA Witness Full size??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 04:35:58 AM »
I've got one chambered for 10mm.  Using both American Eagle and CCI Blazer factory loads, it fed 100% perfect so far, though I've only had 150 rounds through the gun to date.  I wouldn't mind having one just like it in .38 Super, myself.

The gun is very comfortable in the hand, though the 10mm has some stiff recoil and throws brass a long way.  A new recoil spring should cure the latter and may help with the former.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
EAA Witness Full size??
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 05:16:51 AM »
I don't have any experience with a 38 Super, but I've had one in 40S&W for 13 years, and the only time it lets me down is when it's filthy.  It doesn't like to go fully into battery, but a tap on the rear of the slide puts it right, and fast.  I have somewhere over 12,000 rounds thru mine, from VERY hot factory loads to poodle-poppers, and it feeds everything, no matter what profile or OAL.  Considering what I paid for it, it's probably the best bargain I ever got!   8)
I think I may need another in 45, plus a compact version as well.    :wink:
PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline Don45

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 06:02:11 AM »
Thanks for the posts, from what you have told me it looks like I have another firearm to put on my list of firearms that I want to get.
Thanks again.

Don

Offline Savage

EAA Witness Full size??
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 01:30:29 PM »
I have had a fullsize wonderfinish 10mm for about 3 months now. Mine required a bit of tweaking to make it right. A Wolff calabritation spring kit is a MUST. The factory recoil spring is WAYYY too light! Replace the firing pin spring with the extra power spring that comes with the kit too. My barrel needed a little chamfering and chamber polishing in addition to a little tweaking of the mag lips to feed properly. It shoots pretty good with jacketed ammo, but the bore is too rough to shoot lead without severe leading, even at 40 S&W levels.In spite of all these problems, I love the ergonomics and plan to keep this gun, might even buy another in .45. The fullsize 10mm/38Super/45ACP si a bit larger than the full size .40 cal.
Cruse on over to the CZ forum and check out the Clone Club for a lot more information on the design.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Don45

EAA Witness Full size??
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 11:54:12 AM »
Thanks I will check it out.  I didn't know that it was a copy of the CZ, I have handled a CZ 75 and liked it so I should like the feel of the EAA's then.

Don