Author Topic: $12 MTM Handgun Rest  (Read 458 times)

Offline DropTheHammer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • http://users.zoominternet.net/~flyfishr
$12 MTM Handgun Rest
« on: May 21, 2004, 08:41:06 AM »
Anybody tried one of these?  They look pretty slick.  The rest part snaps into the base for compact storage carry.  I picked one up at Gander Mt.  today.

Because every box of ammo is slightly different, MTM has developed this pistol rest to take the mystery out of each box. The MTM pistol rest is so versatile that it will accommodate a Derringer to a 14" Contender. The base locks into the fork at 20 different positions. Rubber padding is molded to the fork to protect your handgun.   The rest was designed to be used without a sandbag, but they can be used with it. This lightweight rest can also be used as a front rifle rest for sighting in hunting rifles when set in position 1. When not in use the fork has been designed to clip into the bottom of the base for compact storage.  Made of tough polypropylene to last. Color: Red(30)

Catalog No: PR-30

Offline Iowegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
$12 MTM Handgun Rest
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 03:35:44 PM »
I guess for $12 it's not bad. I got a kick out the the shooter in the picture. That heavy hitter is going to be driven sky high from recoil. That not the way to bench a handgun. Also, the flash from the cylinder gap will tear up the fork in short order.
GLB

Offline michbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
$12 MTM Handgun Rest
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 06:40:18 AM »
Howdy;

I have one of the things, and to tell you the truth, I just can't get any consistancy when shooting from it.  This may very well be due to operator error.  Any recoil causes the pistol to bounce away from the rest, differently each time.

If anyone has figured out the proper 'technique', let me know.

Michbob.

Offline DropTheHammer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • http://users.zoominternet.net/~flyfishr
$12 MTM Handgun Rest
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 06:48:39 AM »
I can definitely see where a recoiling caliber may cause problems with it, but I bought it strictly with rimfire shooting in mind.

So what is a good handgun rest for a heavy recoiling handgun?  I usually just use my suede eared bags for the big boys.