Author Topic: Difference?  (Read 566 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Difference?
« on: May 21, 2004, 09:46:33 AM »
I ordered and got a new catalog. I was looking at the the new sidekick. What is the difference between the sidekick and the huntsman? :shock:  As far as I can see there isn't much if any I checked every measurement and every thing seems to be the same :eek:
                                                                          Tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
Difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 10:01:32 AM »
You might want to post this on the muzzleloader forum, but I believe the main difference is legal.  The huntsman, since it can have shotgun barrels installed, had a different legal classification than just "muzzleloader" some some "muzzleloader only" places couldn't buy/sell them.  I believe the sidekick can't have additional barrels so they're legally muzzleloaders...  :roll:

Also, I believe the limit for a hunstman is 100 grains, and the sidekick has a magnum version that takes 150 grain.  ???

I don't know for sure, I read it, but I might be dreaming.  If you post on the nef muzzy board they'll fix you right up!  Or, you can always call NEF direct and ask them.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
Difference?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 10:04:23 AM »
Ok, see this topic on the nef muzzleloader forum.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34033&highlight=sidekick

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun