Author Topic: Waxer's back  (Read 1056 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Waxer's back
« on: May 22, 2004, 07:18:35 AM »
Hey guys,
Crow Waxer posted over at RFC.  I guess he's home on leave.  Sounds like he is one proud marine.  He has every right to be proud, but I'm sure he can't be any more proud of himself than we are of him.
Swingem

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 06:26:32 PM »
magooch, tell him to post over here!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Waxer's back
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 03:31:56 AM »
I just read a post from him over on the marlin owners forum that he got back home friday night, and he's proud as the NBC Peacock in full color to be a "Marine".

Gun Runner

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 04:40:18 AM »
Dali Llama say that he too welcome Crow Waxer back to USA.  Dali say he hope Crow Waxer visit Graybeard Outdoors and share military experiences with us. :grin:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline magooch

Waxer's back
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 05:07:01 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Dali Llama say that he too welcome Crow Waxer back to USA.  Dali say he hope Crow Waxer visit Graybeard Outdoors and share military experiences with us. :grin:

Actually Dali, I think he's just home from boot camp.  However, I believe he was doing that in The Peoples Republic of California, so maybe you are philosophically correct.
Swingem

Offline magooch

Waxer's back
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 05:09:21 AM »
Quote from: New York Hunter
magooch, tell him to post over here!

I told him that some of the guys are hanging around over here.
Swingem

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
Waxer's back
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 06:53:45 AM »
Anybody know how much leave the newbies are getting after boot camp?  Tell that young gyrene to post over here, we wanna say how-do!

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 06:58:43 AM »
olemailman, thats crow_waxer. He posted over at www.marlinowners.com/board/index.php last night. I sure hope he comes over here too. I posted this sight over there.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 07:06:55 AM »
ironglow's grandson might be out of boot camp by now too. I know ironglow was one proud grandpa when he was telling about his soon to be Marine. ironglow let us know how he's doing!!! :-D

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 01:17:29 AM »
Quote from: magooch

Actually Dali, I think he's just home from boot camp.  However, I believe he was doing that in The Peoples Republic of California, so maybe you are philosophically correct.
Dali Llama say ah, so, magooch make very astute observation regard Commiefornia.  Dali say magooch apparently be aware that People's Republik of Kalifornia be, shall we say, a whole 'nother place. :lol:

Offline jh45gun

Waxer's back
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 05:03:31 AM »
Yes congrats to waxer and Ironglows grandson. Tell Waxer to come aboard here.  :grin:  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 06:14:05 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Yes congrats to waxer and Ironglows grandson. Tell Waxer to come aboard here.  :grin:  Jim
Dali Llama say that perhaps Crow Waxer have other, ahem, more pressing things on mind during leave... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 07:47:07 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun

Jim, I did. I posted the "web sight" for him too. He said he would check Graybeard out to see who was here. He probably has a lot going on, I think he's only home for a week or so. I sure hope he comes over here!!!

We'll know about ironglow's grandson as soon as ironglow reads this post. He is "ONE PROUD PAPA" and rightly so.

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 12:09:36 PM »
We'll know about ironglow's grandson as soon as ironglow reads this post. He is "ONE PROUD PAPA" and rightly so.
Amen, say Dali Llama!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Waxer's back
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 05:35:58 PM »
Ironglow is GLOWING...
   Didn't really want to bore you with proud Gramps spouting off....but remember, you asked for it!..LOL
   My grandson Joshua, graduated fron P.I. (Parris Island) on April 23.
 He had his Dad and mother ( with their present spouses there) as well as myself and Grandma.
   We were there on the 22nd and the 23rd, the 22nd being "family day".
 As I remember from my military experience, platoons have their own personalities.
   Also as I suspected, Josh's platoon was only mediocre at the "spit and polish", but they excelled in the field.
   After completeing training, with a high attrition rate...the company graduated 262 men.
  Of these 262, Josh was one of 12 that qualified "expert" with the M-16....sorry to say, Josh wasn't "top rifle", but he was second place rifle just four points from taking the top spot.
   Now here is where the platoon "personality" comes from...Josh did get special mention for his accuracy at rapid fire at 200 and 500 yards; plus he was top in his weight class with the pugil sticks and excelled at martial arts.
  He had a "head start" with his martial arts though; Gramps drove him 40 miles each way, 2 nights weekly for 2&1/2 years so he could train under the Sensae (teacher) I wanted him to study under.
  He celebrated his 20th birthday during his undergoing "the Crucible"!
  Josh had 10 days leave; we didn't see him alone very much though...a certain pretty little blonde didn't want him out of her sight for very long..LOL
  Josh is now at Camp Geiger (part of Camp Lejeune N.C.) studying advanced infantry and weapons.
  A couple more weeks and he will go to Pensacola to study with Navy Air in his chosen field of "Avionics ordnance".
   Yes; I am sure proud of my grandson...but of course, every family member visiting P.I. each week at graduation has just as much right to be proud.
  We mingled with some of the "new Marines"....what a fine group of young men they are!!!
  Waxer's family should be positively "puffed up"...because he succeeded in his quest....it wasn't easy!
   BTW...Josh admitted that when he emerged from the gas chamber and started waving his arms as they were told to do , he jokingly tried to immitate a soaring eagle....
     DI said, "you don't look like you had enough...go thorough again!"...
  He took it philosophically...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 06:47:59 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
Ironglow is GLOWING...
   Didn't really want to bore you with proud Gramps spouting off....but remember, you asked for it!..LOL

Yes I did!!! :-D  :grin:  :)  :-)

Josh had 10 days leave; we didn't see him alone very much though..."a certain pretty little blonde didn't want him out of her sight for very long"..LOL

YEAH BABY :yeah:  :toast:  :gulp:

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 01:36:57 AM »
Ironglow is GLOWING...
      My grandson Joshua, graduated fron P.I. (Parris Island) on April 23.

Dali Llama send congratulations to a deservedly proud grandpa.

Offline magooch

Waxer's back
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 05:19:01 AM »
Ironglow, you're a great American (as Sean Hannity would say) and you've helped to make your grandson one too.  Congratulations.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 07:49:25 AM »
Quote from: magooch
Ironglow, you're a great American (as Sean Hannity would say) and you've helped to make your grandson one too.  Congratulations.
Dali Llama say he second that emotion. :D

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
Waxer's back
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 02:24:21 PM »
Ironglow,
 Congrats to Josh! You and the rest of the family have many reasons to be proud of him! Give him my best, and thank him for his service!
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 04:28:17 PM »
Quote from: marlinman93
Ironglow,
 Congrats to Josh! You and the rest of the family have many reasons to be proud of him! Give him my best, and thank him for his service!
Dali Llama say he express same sentiments. :-)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Waxer's back
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 03:44:59 PM »
Thanks Guys..
  I do hope that people keep appreciating our military folks..
   When Josh stopped for lunch at a local Burger King, an elderly gentleman would not let him pay for his own meal...the gentleman insisted on buying his meal for him.
   I DO HOPE this treatment of our military lasts...I remember all too well how we were treated during the Viet Nam thing ,when I came home at discharge..
   Unfortunately there are some politicians and their lackey media
  who are right now doing there best to make our troops serving in Iraq look bad.
  Curiously; these politicians are some of the same people that condemned our troops in Viet Nam...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

Waxer's back
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »
Thanks Guys..
  I do hope that people keep appreciating our military folks..
   When Josh stopped for lunch at a local Burger King, an elderly gentleman would not let him pay for his own meal...the gentleman insisted on buying his meal for him.

Bravo, to the senior gentleman.  If ever I encounter your grandson in an eating establishment, his money will be no good.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 01:15:25 AM »
Thanks Guys..
     Unfortunately there are some politicians and their lackey media
  who are right now doing there best to make our troops serving in Iraq look bad.
  Curiously; these politicians are some of the same people that condemned our troops in Viet Nam...
Such as Teddy of Chappaquiddick fame?? :x  :x

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Waxer's back
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 04:43:51 PM »
Dali;
  Yeah Teddy and a whole passel more!

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2004, 04:30:13 AM »
Dali;
  Yeah Teddy and a whole passel more!
Dali Llama say he never able fathom why Teddy and those of his wealth and ilk do not just enjoy their riches and leave the rest of us the #$%@ alone. :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline NYH1

Waxer's back
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 06:46:26 AM »
Dali Llama say he never able fathom why Teddy and those of his wealth and ilk do not just enjoy their riches and leave the rest of us the #$%@ alone. :twisted:  :twisted:

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it Dali. :evil:

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2004, 12:33:46 PM »

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it Dali. :evil:
Dali Llama say it remain one of those great inexplicable mysteries of universe... :(  :(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Waxer's back
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2004, 03:15:51 PM »
Update on my grandson, Joshua;
  He has finished at Camp Lejeune and since his school at Pensacola is filled, he's going to Aberdeen proving grounds to study small arms ordnance and repair( supposedly at ordnance level). I suppose it is possible that he was given the old bait-and-switch that I saw the Army do in the old days...
  In any case, since that's a 10 week course, he may well see action sooner than expected.
  Keep our military sons and daughters in your prayers, please...

Offline Dali Llama

Waxer's back
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 01:23:26 AM »
it is possible that he was given the old bait-and-switch that I saw the Army do in the old days...

Dali Llama say he certainly hope that not be the case. :(  :(