Author Topic: WOW! great forum  (Read 649 times)

Offline Flingarrows

• Trade Count: (1)
WOW! great forum
« on: May 27, 2004, 04:25:36 PM »
i just found this place. i had just found the NEF forum, and it closed a few weeks later :cry: , but just stumbled upon this one.   i just bought a 20 ultra slug and am dieing to shoot it. i also have a 270 handi and love that too. i just wanted to say hi

Offline rmtaylor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
WOW! great forum
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 05:41:03 PM »
Welcome aboard. I started with a 12 ga Utlra slug then got a 270. Then got barrels for 45-70, 223 and a Huntsman muxzzle loader. Now I just picked up a 357 mag. I guess I am hooked.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"

Offline scruffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
WOW! great forum
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 04:01:55 AM »
Welcome aboard Flingarrows!  :D

I started my nef collection with an ultra slug 20.  It's a very pleasurible slug gun to shoot.  With everything loaded up, steel bar in the stock, etc I could see my slugs hit the recoil was that dampened by the weight.  And the accuracy was rifle like!  Don't wait too long to shoot it!  :wink:

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline fuzzy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
WOW! great forum
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 06:48:07 AM »
:lol: Wellcome aborad ur going to love this place fuzzy  :D
I rather be over the hill than in it

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
WOW! great forum
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 08:27:14 AM »
Flingarrows...Welcome aboard.  Post away with any questions or comments you may have.  We are here to help if you need it...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Flingarrows

WOW! great forum
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 10:38:27 AM »
thanks for the welcomes. scruffy, what type of steel bar did you put in your stock? is that something like those mercury recoil bars that you install in the stock?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
WOW! great forum
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 06:45:19 PM »
Flingarrows,

If you bought an Ultra Slug 20ga, the steel bar is in your stock from the factory. If you want to check, grab a Phillips screwdriver and remove the recoil pad, it will have a Phillips screw holding it in place.

Get out there and shoot that gun, mine likes everything I have shot out of it. I really like the Remington Ultra Core-Lokt and the Winchester Partition Gold slugs. You wont believe how mild the recoil is and these guns are shooters.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
WOW! great forum
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 01:36:03 AM »
Welcome Flingarrows! I'm getting a 20ga ultra barrel this summer. I'm sure you will find this forum superior to the old HR TALK. I read it almost everydayand if not informative it's atleast entertaining.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline VarmintController

• Avid Poster
WOW! great forum
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 02:36:36 AM »
flingarrows<------ welcome aboard :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  i dare say the board is one of the best sources of info there is on these great guns!!!!!!!  i would say the best info out here myself. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  but post away and enjoy. i do have one warning for you, when you ask a question, you will get ALOT of replys. i dont know if thats a bad thing, but you sure will have to read alot. and you got my thinking a bit myself now, another bow hunter, i see by the name. and yes i too am a bow hunting fool myself. and the best warning i can give you, i do get very long winded myself :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Flingarrows

WOW! great forum
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 03:18:45 AM »
vc, ilove to bowhunt as well, and thanks for the welcome